I need some understanding of bungeecoord

Discussion in 'Spigot Help' started by xize, Sep 27, 2013.

1. Hello,

I whas looking to some videos on youtube how to setup bungeecoord, something wasn't really clear what happends if you set the bungee server to online mode and the other servers to offline mode like in the videos?

I'm afraid people still could join as 'cracked' if they know the real server ips and ports, or is this miss understanding?

2. Outlaw11A

Supporter

Yes, that is an issue with BungeeCord.

Thankfully, there are some fixes to this, which will stop players from logging into your backend servers. Here are some of the options:

- Restrict the ports that the backend servers are using IPTables. This will only players to join if they are doing it through localhost, restricting outsiders from joining.

- Get an IP whitelist plugin, like this one: http://www.spigotmc.org/resources/ipwhitelist.61/ This will only allow players to join if they are coming from a specific IP address.

I hope this helps.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. ah I think the second option could be a good one in my situation, but to get it clear if a player jumps from the bungeecoord server to the normal spigot/bukkit server does it use the bungeecoords ip to join so a whitelist can only allow the bungeecoords ip or did I misunderstood there?

4. Outlaw11A

Supporter

Yes, you are correct. It essentially works like this:

Player (23.45.67.89) -> BungeeCord Server (98.76.54.32:25565) -> Hub Server (17.28.39.46:25565)

When the player joins the BungeeCord Server, with the IP 98.76.54.32:25565, the player is given the IP 98.76.54.32, so that whenever he is in a server, that will be is IP, when you look it up with /seen for example, it will show that. Then with an IP Whitelist plugin like the one I linked you, you only players to log in if 98.76.54.32 is their IP.

I hope this helps. If you have any more questions, feel free to ask them here.