I need someone to teach me Java!

Discussion in 'Spigot Plugin Development' started by dustin2015, May 23, 2016.

1. Hi there everyone, I was hoping that someone would be kind enough to teach me Java... If so please message me back!

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  2. I got this friend, really helped me to learn Java. his name is Google, look him up.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. I didn't do anything with Java before I jumped into making plugins, not to say that jumping right in will work for everyone, but it worked fairly well for me, although I've used a couple other coding languages before. The tutorials I linked start out with the extreme basics, and the creator does a great job with explaining what he's doing, but getting the foundation of Java is probably better than jumping in.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. The Bc-Broz tutorials are of the highest quality. :rolleyes:

• Funny Funny x 4
  5. Troll? But seriously the OP should use PogoStick29Dev's tutorials

6. BetaNyanDev is pretty good too.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. For java, you should really watch thenewboston, he is AMAZING!

8. [​IMG]
    you got me

9. You should really read the stickied threads.

Know your Java:
    Nothing bugs us more, than a person that thinks that knows it all. If you did, you wouldn't be asking something on the forums. A lot of us, have been coding Java for a while, and we can tell out of experience how experienced someone is with Java just by the question asked.

This doesn't mean you need to know everything about Java, but you should at least know the basics. We're not here to give private Java lessons. So don't expect just getting the code on here. WE'RE NOT HERE TO SPOON-FEED! I, for example, never give code (except for very rare occasions), I only give so called "Pseudo-code". Which gives you an understanding on how to fix the problem, but it isn't actual working code. Making it work is your job.

Here are some links to get an understanding of the basics:
    http://docs.oracle.com/javase/tutorial/
    http://wiki.bukkit.org/Plugin_Tutorial

10. Agreed.

Don't even get me started. XD

11. I'd be happy to help. PM me. Although your best bet is Google, or Youtube.

I taught myself Java/Spigot, but when I needed help or I needed to learn something new, i'd usually go to his videos, he's amazing!

Yup! Lol! A lot if coding is trial and error, be aware of that. You have to keep on being awesome, persevering, and never giving up! I read a bit of one book on JavaScript, and there was a quote from the guy who wrote it saying "I cry at least once a week", my point being, it happens to all of us. There will be challenges, frustrating moments, etc.

Yeah this guy isn't bad as well

12. I personally like the youtuber Derek Banas when I need to learn something new. Not sure how the Spigot community feels about this youtuber.

13. I don't know why keep users sending him a youtube or even article of bukkit coding he is implying for java not bukkit and its the best way to learn bukkit coding either.

at first you have to walk before running.

you have to learn java before bukkit.

Edit: CodeCademy // is the best :D

• Agree Agree x 1