I want to make some spigot plugins, I understand java, but...

Discussion in 'Spigot Plugin Development' started by EvosCorner, Aug 15, 2018.

1. How the hell do I setup the libraries and packages for it? I really don't get it. I've tried to look online, and I just don't understand. If there is someone who can either send me a link to a page on how to do it, or a video. that would be amazing!

I'm making some small plugins, one fairly large one. Its a mount plugin using only armor stands, and as for the small plugins go, I hate skript, never using it again. The documentation is total shit.

but yea, I'm using Eclipse Oxygen.2 Release (4.7.2). I just need some help setting up all the packages and libraries for bukket

2. joehot200

Supporter

Once you import the Spigot API, you should be good to go. After that, you should be able to follow any simple tutorial on creating a basic plugin.

To import the Spigot API, you use BuildTools to build Spigot. After that, it's properties -> java build path -> libraries.

#2 joehot200, Aug 15, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2018
  3. Don't forget to make a plugin.yml file that explains the plugin, etc.

• Winner Winner x 1
  4. thanks for all the replies guys

5. Choco

You should consider updating your version of Eclipse. Photon has been stable and available since late June.

To add libraries to Eclipse, you must add them to the project build path. Assuming you have a build of Spigot from BuildTools, adding it to the build path is rather simple. Click your project, Alt + Enter -> Libraries -> Add External Jar... and find Spigot to add to the build path. Alternatively, if you use Maven, we have a maven repository for the API which has a wiki page. This was linked by @Bobcat00.

These are illegal mirrors, do not condone their use by any means whatsoever regardless of whether you chose to name them or not.

Thread moved to Spigot Plugin Development

6. this is what i mad ea while ago
    PART 1:

PART 2: - i didnt record the plugin.yml so i just did it
    [/QUOTE]

7. Those don't work.