Ideas for a new server

Discussion in 'Server & Community Management' started by zezecraft, Dec 5, 2016.

1. I've been thinking about opening a new server, before I had one but I had to shut it down because I did not have the time.
    What kind of server would be best to start with?
    I think skyblock but I would like to know your opinions.
    Thank you.

2. Wouldn't it be more helpful to actually post your opinion here regarding what game mode to choose? Meaning that it is beneficial to others who may want to make a server?

• Like Like x 1
  3. Ohh right, either way would be beneficial to post the idea here as it's always a reference to someone who wishes to check which gamemode is currently seen as 'popular' or 'most liked'.

• Like Like x 1
  4. I would personally say to not bother with going completely unique as honestly you spend so much money on making it unique and ends up not going anywhere, it seems that Skyblock is doing very well and Prison is making its comeback by seems of it.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Seems skyblock is also making a ton of money (and players!) :p

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. i dont know whats is prison server and waht can you do in this. xD

7. Prison Server:
    Start at A mine, mine blocks, sell them (repeat) and then /rankup using money.

Keep doing that from a,b,c etc

• Like Like x 1
  8. If you were to ask me, i would start with a basic KitPvP or factions, then slowly start imporiving and addming more gamemodes; Prison, Skyblock, Hunger Games:)

• Like Like x 1
  9. I would recommend starting with gamemodes that a player can enjoy on their own. Meaning things like skyblock, survival type ones, etc. You don't want to start with gamemodes that require let's say for example, 4 people to be enjoyable, because then your initial steps will have you fall from no one being able to enjoy them without more people, then leaving, then the new people have no one and it's a terrible self feeding cycle.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. You would need to start with something generic, you don't have a player base yet so don't take many risks at this phase. Also, think of a theme, Pirates, etc.

Good Luck ;)

• Like Like x 1
  11. Think of something you really like. Like if you like playing skyblock, then create a skyblock server. Skyblock is usually the easiest to start out with if I had to pick.

But yeah try skyblock if you really like it.

Good luck! :D

• Like Like x 1