Im about to get crazy...

Discussion in 'Performance Tweaking' started by ICANTSLEEP, Aug 8, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. My server:
    • 16 GB RAM DDR4
    • i9 9900K (8 CPU)
    • M2 NVME SSD 200GB
    • Windows 2012 R2

This is start.bat :

java -Xms14G -Xmx14G -XX:+UseG1GC -XX:+ParallelRefProcEnabled -XX:MaxGCPauseMillis=200 -XX:+UnlockExperimentalVMOptions -XX:+DisableExplicitGC -XX:+AlwaysPreTouch -XX:G1NewSizePercent=30 -XX:G1MaxNewSizePercent=40 -XX:G1HeapRegionSize=8M -XX:G1ReservePercent=20 -XX:G1HeapWastePercent=5 -XX:G1MixedGCCountTarget=4 -XX:InitiatingHeapOccupancyPercent=15 -XX:G1MixedGCLiveThresholdPercent=90 -XX:G1RSetUpdatingPauseTimePercent=5 -XX:SurvivorRatio=32 -XX:+PerfDisableSharedMem -XX:MaxTenuringThreshold=1 -Dusing.aikars.flags=https://mcflags.emc.gs -Daikars.new.flags=true -Duser.language=en -Duser.region=EN Server.jar nogui

This is current TPS values (Empty server btw im the only one who is online):
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    https://imgur.com/a/1QJePPJ

Why is this keep happening.. This is empty server but tps isnt 20 but 19.95 - 96 etc.
    What am i missing?

• Funny Funny x 2
  2. TPS not being at 20, but still >19.9 is something that is completely normal. This happens for example when the server waits until the next tick can start, but sometimes the waiting time will not be matched 100% by the CPU/OS so it will be 0.5 or 1 millisecond late for example. This is nothing to worry about, just accept that its not the perfect number.

#2 Janmm14, Aug 8, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2021
  3. Not the answer im looking for. This is not true.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  4. Not the type of person any forum user would be willing to help.

5. Are you using a shared hosting? Is it a virtualized server? Is it a VPS or a VDS? Chances are you are using a shared hosting and your vCPUs are shared, meaning other servers' performance in the same machine as yours affect your server performance.

However as @Janmm14 stated. >19.9 TPS is a good TPS for a shared hosting.

6. This is not true at all.
    Im just looking for solutions not looking for fight or just completely meaningless conversations..

• Creative Creative x 1
  7. This is VDS.
    Thanks for the information im gonna search this.

8. You look for a solution of a non-issue

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. Allright thats enough.
    Stop posting like you are looking for fight or like act like im the best.
    You are clearly spamming so let this go.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  10. Well, you post a screenshot of, given face value, perfectly fine TPS values within margin of error of the targeted 20.0.

Of course these tiny drops could indicate that there are some lag frames in-between. To figure that out you'd be best advised to generate /timings reports and probably also a spark profiler run.

The latter can be specifically configured to only profile ticks that take longer than 50ms, which can help locating potentially expensive one-shot tasks.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. First of all... 19.9X TPS is fine for Minecraft... there's literally no issue there. Why is your TPS that way? We can't tell you if you just gave us a picture. You can provide timings reports and other information like that for us to give you a better idea. Also, some other things in mind. You don't need 14 GB of ram for a Minecraft server which can cause lag itself from garbage collection. Also Windows isn't the most ideal circumstance for Minecraft if you are looking for optimal performance and that perfect 20 TPS. Lastly, but most importantly... you don't need to become so hostile with other users on the forums. They are right... 19.9X TPS is more than acceptable for Minecraft, especially giving the information you provided.

12. I already fix the problem but.. You said 14G is 2 much for a server. So whats the normal G limit?

13. Well i guess i found out what cause the little tps drop.

Attached Files:

• 1.png
      1.png
      File size:
      44.1 KB
      Views:
  14. Harmless once-run tasks of plugins starting on server start.

15. Thanks.
    Like i said i already fix the problem by changing os to debian.

On debian tps: 19.98
    On windows tps: 19.96

Still worth it.

The reason that i share the timings 1 guy asked about it so its here.
    And btw my server is not "shared hosting".

16. A link to the timings (not an image or copy+paste) should always be included when you ask in a forum for performance help. It's like asking a mechanic to fix your car, but not bringing your car...

So far it's still doubtful there was a problem to begin with, because 19.99 TPS typically indicate that there isn't.

17. Nice metaphor but if you know your car has a broken mirror, you don't need to take your car to a car mechanic. You can buy it you can put it where it suppose to be.

The main reason that i didnt share the link because the only problem is this 7 line. And now 19.98 TPS is good enough. Like other lines all white so that means no problem with them but this 7.

And as Janmm14 says, this only happens when the server starts.

18. Strahan

Benefactor

...seriously? You consider a two hundredth of a tick increase in performance worth totally changing your OS? You do realize that performance increase is absolutely, positively undetectable by humans right?

That's sophistry; you know what he meant. Also many people do not have the skills to do that.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  19. Yes.
    Yes i know.

20. Strahan

Benefactor

Hehe well, so long as you're happy, that's the important part :) Moving to a *nix OS is worth it even aside from the 2/100 tick improvement anyway.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.