Improve vanish (remove particles and animations)?

Discussion in 'Spigot Plugin Development' started by HydroTekZ, May 10, 2015.

1. How can I remove all particles and animations for people that are vanish? My vanish plugin simply hide the players that are vanished; from the online players.

Example of animations that I want to remove for vanished players: the sound and animation for chests that are opened my vanished players.
    Example of particles that I want to remove for vanished players: jump particles when a player hit the ground and sprint particles.

2. If you're stopping player packets, I don't think the particles (jumping etc.) will show up. Can't confirm, though, as I'm on mobile. As for chests, just cancel right click and display inventory to them.

3. How do I stop the player packets?

This is the Spigot Plugin Development forum, I am not looking for plugins to download.

4. Intercept packets when they're being sent to the players. I've never done it myself, but I know it works. If you can find a vanish plugin that's open source, perhaps you could look through and see how they do it (or just decompile it with a decompiler :p)

• Useful Useful x 1
  5. So why do you want to waste your time to create a plugin, which is already done, tested and trusted by many users? Iirc it's even free.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  6. Because I like to have control of everything that is happening on my servers, and I do hate to wait for updates. Also I doubt VanishNoPacket is completely optimal with my plugins. Anyway, I prefer create everything myself.