Inquiries of free ranks and "premium ranks"

Discussion in 'Systems Administration' started by itrusty, Jul 10, 2018.

1. Biggest problem I have procrastinated, I am in the process of developing a rank up server not prison style.

I am using permissionsEX to handle groups but i'm curious to find out if its possible for supporters to keep their premium ranks rather then losing it when a player ranks up.

e.g. if a player bought a premium rank (via donating) then does /rankup for the next f2p perks, the way I ideally have it initiate is to move the player to that group thus replacing their premium rank and prefix it comes with the f2p rank up.

main question: how do I ensure premium ranks are not overlapped by f2p perks and titles. (beware: I still want the players to keep the f2p perks along with premium ranks)

Do not hesitate to ask questions if I was not clear enough, thank you!

2. Let me get this straight. When players level up from Premium to the next rank, they will have both the Premium and the upper rank's permissions, but not Premium's prefix. Is that what you are trying to do?

If so, just create an inheritance in the upper rank's permission group (inherit Premium), then change the ladder so that the upper rank is higher than the Premium rank. In your chat plugin, make sure you have set it to only display 1 prefix. The plugin will automatically choose the higher rank's prefix because of higher priority. The player will still be in the Premium group, as well as the upper rank's group, but you only see the upper group's features.