Solved Integrating support for a plugin without needing it to be on the server

Discussion in 'Spigot Plugin Development' started by KingDragonRider, Apr 18, 2017.

1. Hi All,

For our network, I am making a plugin that is added on each of the Spigot servers to handle server-side swearword filtering (We made another bungee plugin to handle the network side), and in doing so it messes up the chat formatting on the factions server. I have altered the code to fix this, but as it required me to have Factions as a referenced library, it now won't enable on other servers with this error:
    Code (Text):
    Error occurred while enabling FCMain v0.2 (Is it up to date?)
    java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/massivecraft/factions/RelationParticipator
    (Note: I am only interacting with the the Factions/MassiveCore plugins if they are enabled. I am also only storing them as Plugin objects - not Factions or MassiveCore - until I am sure that they are enabled, at which point I cast them to their appropriate plugin class)

So I ask, is there anything I have to do to allow support for a plugin, without requiring the plugin to be on the server?

2. Alright so, you need to check if the Factions plugin is present on the server, if it's not, enable one Chat listener, if it is, enable the Factions chat listener.

• Like Like x 1
  3. I didn't think of that - thanks. I will try that.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Brilliant, it works perfectly. Thanks a bunch :)

5. Mark thread as solved and have a great day.