Internal Exception io.netty.handler.codec.Decoder.Exception: Badly compressed packet - size of ...

Discussion in 'Spigot Help' started by JonRahm, Jul 5, 2021.

1. Hi guys,

I put you in context, a user has entered the server to screw all the users and he made a redstone circuit (I don't know what function he had to screw the area) but when a person approached that area where the game had that circuit It was closed and this message came out, I have entered with several accounts and each one of them was blocked by the server with that message and I had to create another ... what solution is there for this? Sorry for my english and thxs.

Internal Exception io.netty.handler.codec.Decoder.Exception: Badly compressed packet - size of 3379690 is larger than protocol maximum of 2097152

2. Import the game into worldedit or any map editor and delete the chunk / region where the red stone system is

3. Is there only that solution? What if he does it again? Thx

4. I dont know about any redstone exploits like this honestly, but thats the only way to fix this issue. Now to prevent this from happening again: ban user who did this + ban ip if you think they did it on purpose (to get to this point, it was probably was). If they didnt do it on purpose then ask / warn them to stop. If we can't find how exactly this was done there are no other way to prevent this from happening again tho. Upgrade to 1.17 to fix this I guess?

5. Thx mate.