1. Guest, as per the stickied thread, this forum has not been in use since 2014. All bugs and feature requests should be posted to JIRA.

Bug INTERNAL EXCEPTION: JAVA.NET.SOCKETTIMEOUTEXCEPTION: READ TIME OUT

Discussion in 'Bugs & Feature Requests' started by Andrew, May 20, 2013.

1. First off I love Spigot but ever since 1.5.2 I believe, players all get kicked/errored serveral times a day randomly with:

When I switch back to regular Bukkit the problem is resolved.

Do I need to adjust something? disable something to stop this?

I've updated the server/plugins/settings my Java too.

2. CustomForms

CustomForms Retired Moderator
    Retired Supporter

It would help if we had a list if things to look over. OS, architecture, configs, specifications and so on.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Jigsaw

Supporter

Which Spigot build are you using? I know some of the recent ones had a newer version of Netty that seemed to be causing other people connection issues. Try using a build before 856 or a build after 866.

The error you are posting is simply telling the client they have lost connection to the server. There could be a number of reasons for this including a network issue. If it fixes itself by using CraftBukkit with the same plugins and the same amount of players I would guess you are using a build with the newer version of Netty.

4. I kept upgrading Spigot version since 1.5.w and was using the latest build of spigot today when it happened.

I will try the versions you suggested.

Yep, I only change between Spigot latest and the latest dev build of bukkit.

5. im having a problem, i'm trying to join this server and the " internal exception: java.net.sockettimeoutexception: read timed out " shows up. I play minecraft on a mac, i only use shaders mod. Can someone help me with my problem?

6. joehot200

Supporter

Well, "this" server is not specific. Is it your server, someone elses, is it on a local machine, can you connect to other servers, does it only happen with that build, etc?

We unfortunately cant fix the problem if we are given little information.

@Andrew Any errors in the server console?