inventory with same name, can you that?

Discussion in 'Spigot Plugin Development' started by Waterman2707, Jun 13, 2015.

1. Hey

I'm in working on a plugin, but then I was thinking of, can you create more than one inventory without any owner and with the same name. Like they not have the same in the inventory. I hope you understand what I meaning, if not then ask and I will explain it to you understand it ;)

//Water

2. Nope. It glitches. Idk if it's possible. I tired it with purchase menus and it made things awful.

3. The name shouldn't really matter, so you should be fully able to create multiple inventories with whatever name without any problems :)

4. It doesn't work for me. Oh well. I gave it up. It's too wasteful of my time.

5. Well, if you did that with a premade plugin, then the author obviously did something wrong ;) If you compare names, then it wouldn't work. But... who does that?

6. Lazy people lol. Anyways I could just create a system that is like mineplex shop they have the same inv with like yes or no. Idk their secret lol.

7. I also mean that there no owner are, this I show I create it:
    Code (Text):
    Bukkit.createInventory(null, 54, "a name")
    This have I put into a hashmap, but I'm not sure if they are differents from each other or they all are the same. Hope it explain my question a little bit better ;)

8. Create a custom inventoryholder and track some sort of ID? :)

9. I have already created one like that i have show your , but i don't know if i can do it like that and i can't test it right now, so i was hoping someone knew it. But if i ain't getting any answer the ni will use a kind of id ;)

10. You should be able to use any name, even multiple times, without any special procedure to get it to work. Each player will get their own inventory (though null might be required in the createInventory call - I don't know the effect of setting the owner so I wouldn't know).

11. Thanks for the answer, but i have already tested it, sry for not informating your. But you can create 2 inventorys with same name and no owner/same owner, and they are still two different inventorys.