Investments...

Discussion in 'Server & Community Management' started by MichaelSteffan, Jun 30, 2015.

1. So, a contact added me on Skype and asked if they are willing to invest a server that I've been wanting to start.

This person is willing to invest $50.. and wants money back.

I'm sort of worried because my server won't take off.

2. Be careful with deals - before anything happens, make sure the deal is explicitly clear, and there should already be trust between you two. If it's an option, you can consider raising the $50 capital yourself.

3. We have a good relationship.

4. I'd definitely debate it. However, if you're unsure, or if it doesn't seem to be the best choice, don't do it. There are loads of options out there. Even home-hosting until you get the funds you need to provide something better. In the end, it's up to you. Debate the pros and cons, and go from there. Hope this helps.

5. I rather not get hit offline.

6. Well, honestly, it's all about how you say it. If tell your contact that you don't want his/her money and disregard him/her like scraps, yeah, you'll probably get hit. If you tell it to him like it is though, that you're concerned you wouldn't be able to pay him/her back if it didn't take off, etc. It'd be easier to accept and much more understandable. Even go so far to let them help with the server before asking/allowing them to invest their own money into it. Tact is key. Just talk to your contact and discuss your concerns, etc. together. If they're reasonable, they'll understand.