Suggestion IPN should work with Spigot in 2020.

Discussion in 'Community Feedback and Suggestions' started by Ome_R, Feb 14, 2020.

1. I think that's a great time to fix the issue that IPN notifications are not working with Spigot.
    They work with other sites, so I don't see a reason why it wouldn't work here 0.0

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  2. MiniDigger

Supporter

What's IPN?

3. simpleauthority

Supporter

Yeah...you're gonna have to explain what the heck "IPN" is instead of assuming everybody knows.

4. IPN is Instant Payment Notifications. I'm assuming he wants to be notified by Spigot when someone purchased a resource.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. MiniDigger

Supporter

What has spigot to do with that? Isn't it PayPal's job to notify you if the payment went thru?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Correct, it is. I'm not sure if it's open source but Maxim built something with a software called Pushbullet that sends notifications to his PC / Phone when he gets a buyer.

7. IPNs are KINDA enabled. They have to be in order to confirm that the person has made the resource purchase; and if they have, give them the resource, if PayPal is holding the funds, then it will wait for the IPN confirming the funds being cleared.

• Like Like x 1
  8. md_5

Administrator Developer

IPNs are working fine, how do you think Spigot adds buyers to resources? Manually?

• Like Like x 1
  9. When I set the IPN url in Paypal, it only notifies me for purchases from other sites, but not Spigot.
    When I did some research, I came across this thread: https://www.spigotmc.org/threads/spigot-ipn-for-premium-resources.135697/
    It seems like Spigot is overriding the normal IPN for their own use (which is great, don't get me wrong) - but it would be even better if we could still get notifications about the purchases from Spigot using IPN.

10. That's the point - It's Paypal's job. But, because Spigot also uses IPN for their own usage, it overrides the normal IPN and we don't get notifications of purchases from Spigot.
    It probably can be fixed somehow, as other sites have this enabled and working fine.

• Like Like x 1
  11. md_5

Administrator Developer

PayPal doesn’t support multiple IPNs

12. Well, it works in other sites, which means there's probably a way to fix the issue...
    I can try and do some more research about it

13. Phoenix616

Resource Staff

Paypal sends notification emails for each purchase. That would be an easy way to handle notification ;)

• Like Like x 1
  14. MiniDigger

Supporter

Thats what I meant

• Like Like x 1
  15. I thought about it, I don't see how it's easier tho than listening to the notifiactions from paypal.