IPWhitelist does what?

Discussion in 'Spigot Discussion' started by hdakhilz, Aug 9, 2018.

1. So I'm here to prove a friend wrong, he says IPWhitelist patches a UUID exploit?

I say that IPWhitelist blocks connections from other localhosted bungeecord servers/proxies and people use some client to use a cracked account and log into that bungee server and the lobby: server in the config is the direct IP to a spigot server that is in offline mode, can I know if I'm right or not?

2. From my knowledge IPWhitelist makes it so only your BungeeCord proxy can connect to your Spigot servers. Before it was patched, people could spoof the UUID of server admins by making an offline-mode BungeeCord server with your Bukkit server as a node and then connecting with a server admins nickname which would give the person logging in the UUID of the real admin and thus giving them all the permission etc. With IPWhitelist, this is preventing by only allowing players connect using the whitelisted BungeeCord server.

3. IPWhitelist checks wich ip you joined with and if you joined with another ip than writed in the config you will be kicked.