Is 1 world or multiple worlds better?

Discussion in 'Spigot Help' started by MineMax10, Jan 25, 2021.

1. So I am making a mini-games type of server and I have the option to either put the different arenas on separate worlds, or on one world.
    What I want is to spread the arenas out, so players can't see one arena while standing on the other.

So I'm wondering, performance wise, would it be better to put each arena on its own world (about 30 worlds)
    but the arenas are going to small and on a void world with no chunk loading.

Or everything on one world, but spread it out so that each arena is about 500 blocks from each other.

2. It depends,

If you're regenerating the arenas by deleting world region files, I suggest multiple worlds to avoid issues
    If you're using something like FAWE then 1 world is fine

It seems the same, as the number of chunks loaded is similar, only difference is extra space on your drive.

3. Okay, I think I will choose to go for multiple worlds then, I just think it's more convenient.
    Thank you!

4. If it doesn't matter what happens to the worlds, since they get re-started and the data of what's happening gets stored in a remote database for example. You could consider using a template world file to import and store these temp worlds in a ram disk. Allowing you to swap a lot faster.