Is anyone interested in a Spigot Discord bridge that works with Bungeecord?

Discussion in 'Spigot Plugin Development' started by xBallisticBlazex, Jun 22, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hello.
    A few days ago, I started working on a plugin/server bridge called Disgot.

It is a plugin API that allows spigot plugins to post a message to a discord server and listen to an event when a message is posted on Discord.

While there are a few of these out there, I plan for this to have the ability to work with bungee cord and have multiple servers that could post messages to discord.

You could also use a command to post a message in game. I decided to make it when I realised how hard this must be for a new developer or a developer who does not want to make the huge framework needed to do this. Server owners could also use this if they wish to post something quickly to their staff chat in game.

I'm just wondering if people think if they would find a good use for a plugin like this as it is a big project that is taking a good amount if my time since I'm including swing guis and socket servers etc.

If so, is there anything you want to add or I can improve on? It is very far from completion as I've only finished coding the server and some security but if you are interested in helping through PR or helping with the wiki (in the future,as there is nothing to write about now) make sure to check out the GitHub above!

#1 xBallisticBlazex, Jun 22, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2017
  2. There's a Java API for Discord bots called Discord4J which can allow you to easily make chat listeners and output text to discord and way more. I would personally recommend just using that.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. ScarabCoder

ScarabCoder Retired Resource Staff
    Retired

Sounds interesting.
    Why do you need a server (and socket) just for listening for events though? Discord <-> Spigot bridges are actually a bit common. For example: https://www.spigotmc.org/resources/discordsrv.18494/

4. That's exactly what I'm using in my plugin. This API is just to make things easier.
    Aww, I thought this was uncommon. I didn't think about including that into the plugin. That's a good idea.

#4 xBallisticBlazex, Jun 22, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2017
  5. After looking at that plugin and a few others, I have noticed that these plugins do not support multiple servers. I was wondering if I should continue my project but instead support multiple servers. Would this work out?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.