Solved Is it possible for Spigot users to import .schematic files?

Discussion in 'Spigot Help' started by CaffeineNYC, Jul 6, 2021.

1. I want to be able to import .schematic files. My understanding is that this implies one of two things:

1. I must install MCEdit
    2. I must install WorldEdit

MCEdit is a dead project, and only runs on ancient versions of Minecraft and Java, and even then, it crashes faster than you can say "Please don't crash". This means my only option to import .schematic files is via WorldEdit.

To install WorldEdit, I must install one of two things:

1. Fabric
    2. Forge

I liked Forge the one time I used it, but people complain about bugs and sub-standard mods/plugins. Also, having to install a plugin on both the server side and the client side is a bit of a drag. Besides, I'm running a Spigot server, which is completely incompatible with Forge.

I just started reading about Fabric, and my understanding, now, is that Fabric is also incompatible with Spigot.

Does that mean that people who play on a Spigot server essentially have no way to import .schematic files?

2. md_5

Administrator Developer

WorldEdit runs on Spigot....

3. You must use WorldEdit plugin. Dont use WorldEdit mode

4. WorldEdit is available for Spigot. I recommend using FAWE (FastAsyncWorldEdit) as it is much faster (and runs async)

5. Oh, cool. I was playing with WorldEdit last night and was _amazed_.

I'm still learning all this... Is FAWE more featureful? I had to install a dev build of WE because its stable release isn't 1.17-ready, so at the very least, FAWE is more actively developed (in addition to being faster and having a higher undo level out of the box).