Is it possible to change a block's length and size when put on an armorstand?

Discussion in 'Spigot Plugin Development' started by Pladetor, Apr 14, 2017.

1. If it is possible to change a block's length and size when put on an armor stand, can you explain me how can I do it? (Sorry if I have English errors)
    Thanks in advance :)

2. As in stretch the block?

3. You can't change the size or the length of the block but you can change the position :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Yeah

5. What do you mean by changing the position?

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. And how can you change the size of the helmet-block using that?

7. I know this might sound crazy, but you can scale it out with a file in a texture/resource pack and I believe if its an armorstand spawner then you can make the block appear as a real block and not a spawner.

8. I don't think that has anything to do with what they're asking.

Unfortunately, no. It's not possible to change the block's dimensions, unless you use a Resource Pack with a custom model.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Perhaps he or she could somehow implement it into what they are looking for if what they are specifically looking for isnt possible.

A video can be found here about what I was talking about: (wait until the explanation for what you are probably looking for.

10. Stumbled upon this topic while trying to find the same thing. Since no answer was given here, I would like to try to get it anyway.

11. The answer was not only given here, it was repeated multiple times. No you cannot change the size or dimensions of a block, only change its position. With a resource pack you can make it look bigger, but the hitbox/where the block is according to the game doesn't change. See this answer which also says this quite literally: