Is it possible to clear mobs while server is offline?

Discussion in 'Spigot Discussion' started by lolitsthad, Jun 15, 2013.

1. A few days ago one of our admins accidentally spawned in 4000 mooshroom cows (/spawnmob typo). There are so many that whenever a player goes into the chunk with the cows, the server crashes. There is no way to killall/butcher them because the chunk in question only loads when someone is in it, and by that time it's too late because the server crashes immediately.

Is there a way to wipe all mob data by editing/deleting some files via FTP, or some method like that? I'm not concerned about killing off legitimate mobs, I just want to kill everything to get rid of this problem.

2. Use Minecraft region fixer. Pretty sure that can remove entities or chunks with too many entities in.

3. CustomForms

CustomForms Retired Moderator
    Retired Supporter

Please read the original post before you comment on topics; It helps both you and the thread creator.

4. Remove them using MCEdit; always do a backups.

5. //butcher -1
    Clears all the mobs, or /killall -1

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. only will remove mobs in loaded chunks

7. Oh, sorry. :(

8. Wow, 4000 cows crash a server, that's new.

9. jtaylor69

jtaylor69 Retired Moderator
    Retired

Make sure you set the spawning limit in the [INSERT PLUGIN NAME] config to prevent this in the future.

10. jeff142

Benefactor

Get nodus, turn on NoRender, and go into the chunks and kill them

11. I think the OP said the server crashed I think, so I assume this wouldn't help?

12. jeff142

Benefactor

Odds are, the client locks up form not being able to render the mobs before the sever crashs. ive had this problem before and have been able to fix it that way

13. Sway

Artist Supporter

WorldGuard /stoplag should remove all entities and prevent mobs from spawning.

14. I love how your signature shows how you own a Minecraft server and a Top site for Minecraft servers and you're first with 340 people online, how legitimate is that?

o_O false advertising on your own top site.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  15. jeff142

Benefactor

How is it false advertising?, I dont fake player count ( your welcome to join and /glist) so id love to know how i am false advertising.

• Like Like x 1
  16. I'm only joking I know, I'm just mad you disgreed with my 1Gbit port suggestion.

17. jeff142

Benefactor

Well its true. 1gbps =/= ddos protection. most HF booters can hit over 1gbps.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. I know, but I said "On the cheap", which stops 100mbit ddos.

19. jeff142

Benefactor

Lets stop hijacking this thread now :D

20. jtaylor69

jtaylor69 Retired Moderator
    Retired

No need to argue guys, it's petty and makes you sound rather 'jealous'.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1