Is QuantaHost Good?

Discussion in 'Hosting Advice' started by dawidperez, May 23, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RSNET-Radic

Supporter

Do it! Make sure to offer something that stands out for the extra cost.

2. How do you prevent people from using the VPS the buy from you for malicious use? Wouldn't OVH suspend your dedicated server if someone decided to ddos another server with the VPS they buy from you?

3. MikeA

MikeA Retired Moderator
    Retired Benefactor

The best way to prevent people from abusing the service is to not let them order it in the first place. Good fraud measures and post-checks on users is everything. No automated system will stop abuse 100%. Plus all of my VPS that are on OVH systems are OpenVZ that use Nodewatch, which automatically alerts (and sometimes suspends) servers that are sending out attacks, etc.

OVH doesn't suspend a system for abuse, if an attack is being sent from an IP or there's spam going from an IP, they block the IP automatically after a while (it depends on the situation completely), plus if you have a good standing with OVH, or any company for that matter, you'll never have a real issue with them being harsh against abuse assuming you're nice and responsive with the problems.

4. I would also would add one should be doing proper pre sales with the company that your looking at of informing them of that you'll be reselling xyz service(s).

This way..

1. They can be informed and not "freak out"
    2. May be open to help you with some "grace periods", preventative, and/or help with handling certain abuses/complaints. Espiecally if your shopping in the managed servicing "department".

5. MikeA

MikeA Retired Moderator
    Retired Benefactor

Doesn't really work like that with companies that are mostly automated like OVH in regards to abuse.

6. Indeed that the trade off of paying "barrel bottom" pricing. As staffing for a NOC can be rather costly.

7. MikeA

MikeA Retired Moderator
    Retired Benefactor

Not a bad thing though, hence my reply above yours.

8. Use MCProHosting, expensive but EXTREMELY reliable!

9. I did use them. I payed for the 4GB Server and some addons.

CONCLUSION: I WENT WITH CLOVUX HOSTING! 4GB + DEDICATED IP = $12 / month

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.