Is the hardcore roleplay server community dying in minecraft?

Discussion in 'Server & Community Management' started by Mattsone, May 1, 2017.

?

Is the hardcore roleplay server community dying in minecraft?

1. Yes

9 vote(s)
    75.0%
  2. No

1 vote(s)
    8.3%
  3. What is that?

2 vote(s)
    16.7%
  1. Curious to see if what you guys think? I'm attempting to develop a new server within this type of community and wondering if there is still a player base for it!

2. the game in general is dying imo, interest is as low as in beta 1.7.3, its all about who has the fanciest piece of shit mini games server these days, noone really seems to care too much for good survival serbs like they used to, all the lists are just bloated with minigames or shitty factions servers, another downside is that the amount of autistic hackers is quadrupling every day, so it feels like 1 in 10 people is just here to meme your server in whatever way they can,

• Winner Winner x 2
  3. I happen to love roleplay in the simple sense, which is why I grew very fond of Wynncraft in it's prime, however sadly it has been dying ever since they released Gravel and all their shitty over-complicated mechanics.

But yes, it's dying.

4. Ya I agree to a certain extent, I believe the community is more just spread out than dying. Since everyone and their mother owns their own server nowadays.

5. I agree to a certain extent haha. Currently working on an idea that may bring some of the good old days backXD

6. GaIaxy

Supporter

I lost interest over the years.

People are after money rather than providing a good experience. Maybe some other sandbox game will come along and cause Minecraft to die.