Solved Is there a way that my friend can code in the same project.

Discussion in 'Spigot Plugin Development' started by fardin, Apr 26, 2017.

1. So my question is, can my friend and i code in the same project like sharing a project but live coding and changes.

greets Fardin.

2. Yes, if you use Eclipse as your IDE, do a quick Google search for "Saros for Eclipse [your eclipse version]".

3. I have eclipse mars 2 is that good? @_diam

4. Choco

Why do you not update to Neon? It's been available for nearly a year now, and Oxygen is already producing a few beta builds. I think they're up to M6 or M7 now. Saros should work fine, but it gets rather laggy from time to time, and I found it to be extremely unreliable most of the time as well. There are hardly any good real-time programming companies. Take a look into Git if you have not already because if you're not satisfied with Saros' unreliability, then Git is your next best thing

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. I'll have installed Saros and i know how to use Git.
    It's working thread closed.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Thread isn't closed lol

7. How to close a thread:
    [​IMG]

8. Why not use Git? It's not entirely what you're looking for, but its definitely something to use when you have a development team.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. OFF TOPIC How did you get that Bukkit theme? Loving it.

OP, Id just go with a git solution yeah. Both BitBucket an GitLab offers free private repos for you and your friend.

10. A donor perk. That theme has the name SpigotMC - Sky (Or the sky theme)

11. How much do I have to donate?

12. $10 or Higher

13. Bukkit theme o_O when did spigot rebrand?

Also there is floobits for Intellij (And eclipse I think)

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. And how to code together using IntelliJ? Is there a 'Saros' for IntelliJ?

15. I checked their information and all I found was they are working on one for IntelliJ

16. I mean, if you read the message literally right above yours, you would have your answer...

17. @SystemUpdate_ omg forgive my stupidness, I really didn't see that :confused:

• Funny Funny x 1