Question Is there going to be a way to send custom Toasts in 1.12

Discussion in 'Community Feedback and Suggestions' started by MCDoodler, Apr 30, 2017.

1. I don't know if this is where I should post this but:

With new custom advancements in 1.12 is there going to be a way in the API to send Toasts to players

Toast = Achivement/Advancement Message

2. MiniDigger

Supporter

you will be able to make custom advancements and you will be able to give players advancements. so: yes.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. md_5

Administrator Developer

The toast titles however are hardcoded between like 3 different options, so it's not an elegant way to convey information if every message starts with "Advancement Get" / "Challenge Done" or whatever the messages are.

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. Yea that will be annoying, but tbh those messages dont bother me, they work perfectly for me lol

5. upload_2017-5-2_7-58-20.png
    I hope there is a way to send Toasts in 1.12.

• Funny Funny x 2
  6. Legoman99573

Supporter

Recipes is another thing too, so I think custom achievements will be possible since it was redone in 1.12. plus it's still "Achievement Get" ;)

7. Choco

Custom advancements are certainly possible. They were programmed to work specifically with JSON files in the world/data folder and were meant to be as flexible for the user as possible. What md_5 is saying is that the title of every toast notification will have "Challenge Completed!", "Recipe Unlocked", etc. which can be rather obnoxious if that's not the intent of the TOAST notifications. It's not particularly ideal for conveying messages

8. MiniDigger

Supporter

lets hope resourcepacks can change those ;)

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. Like what I'm wondering is if you will be able to do something like
    player.sendToast(ToastAPI.Advancement_Get, "Random String")

10. electronicboy

IRC Staff

No, because Mojang doesn't expose it like that, you'd have to create an achievement for the client and then grant the player the achievement

11. You could create the achievement, grant the player the achivement and then directly remove/destroy it. Would be pretty cool, I guess.