Is This Even Okay?

Discussion in 'Spigot Discussion' started by Joedon, May 29, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. It's allowed under the following conditions:

• Source code isn't plagiarized
    • Premium resource isn't reuploaded as a free resource

There seems to be many free re-makes of premium plugins. However, do note, he did credit you in someway.
    http://prnt.sc/b9pcge

At that point, just add features that makes your plugin worth buying over a free one.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. If he reprogrammed the whole thing it's okay, but if he decompiled and copied it's not.

If you think it's not okay even if he reprogrammed the whole entire thing: do you think people who make plugins first should have a monopoly over that plugin type?

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Wow I didn't know that... thanks :)

4. Well when the title, image, permissions, features, config, and commands are copied exactly - yes

5. But he didn't look at your source did he ? Decompile his plugin and check, if he used your source report his plugin

6. Actually you don't have to decompile since he has a github

7. Doesn't look like my code after checking... still though like who the fuck has the balls to do that

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  8. Maybe someone who thinks ur plug is priced too high and wanted to show how easy it is (to them) and release it?

• Like Like x 1
  9. Also his is less kb (idk if he removed some features or what but ye)

And to see his pov: @Redrield

• Like Like x 1
  10. Your points are exactly the points I was trying to make to the OP earlier today. I don't think it's okay that one person has a monopoly over a plugin idea, and others don't make the plugins because it's "their" idea. After seeing the resource, I wanted to see if I could recreate it, and post it as free, because I feel that competition will in the end benefit both parties, as they strive to improve their product to give the end user reason to buy it.

I didn't decompile his plugin, I just took the concept he brought forward and created my own rendition of it based off of the information I could get from the resource page, and from the test server.

11. I never thought it was okay to take a persons plugin and re upload it (I thought it was against the rules). By taking the plugin I mean copying my description page, basically the entire config, the name (original), icon, commands, permissions. If you would have at least tried to be original I wouldn't be biting my fingers off in anger. I still see this as a dick move and you will never change my opinion. That's enough from this fucking thread.

~~

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.