Is this Rasberry Pi setup good for DEVELOPMENT?

Discussion in 'Spigot Discussion' started by Azmidium, Dec 27, 2015.

1. Let me summarize what I interpret you want me to do:

1) Buy the PowerEdge
    2) Use Cat6 and connect it to it

- How do I access it from my computer?
    - How do I make this run 24/7?

2. SSH :)

Basically you set up your little server with a monitor, install Ubuntu or whatever Linux server you want. Get it to work...
    If you want you can setup FTP, or use ownCloud to use it as a dropbox.... Whatever you want.

Then you can just leave it plugged in and on, you don't need a monitor for it at all.

So how do you start your server!?!?
    Go onto your desktop or laptop and download ssh (or getty if you have Windows :() Then it's as easy as opening terminal and typing it:
    Code (Text):
    Now your logged into your server and have access to everything while your on your development computer. So, you start your server the same as you would on a normal computer (cd into the directory then ./start.sh or whatever). The server runs on your dell server thing, but you see everything on your devlopment computer. Alternatively you can download Multicraft of PhPmyadmin or whatever, but I recommend ssh.

3. SSH and I would throw it in my basement, it will only be up as often as your Internet and Power.

4. Ethernet? Powerline? Or you could make use of a old router that is able to bridge wifi connections, the ethernet ports on the back should work

5. Send us a PM. We are always open to sponsoring those who are looking to learn, and we may be able to hook you up with a server to test your plugins on with a few friends!