Issue w/ players connecting to my BungeeCord Server

Discussion in 'BungeeCord Help' started by Avaerian, Feb 12, 2018.

1. Hello.

To keep this nice and short, I will just basically state the issue here. My friends and other players can't connect to my BungeeCord server. This is a big issue and would like to find a solution.

Thanks, Avaerian.

P.S I can connect perfectly well and play on it. It's just making it public is the issue.

2. Give me the error.

• Like Like x 1
  3. There isn't an error when joining, just the fact that he can't join it.

Im wondering more on what IP I have to give to my friends

4. Are you hosting on your computer?

5. Yes, I am hosting it on my computer

6. I think that this has something with your firewall or router configuration. Have you already opened the BungeeCord port?

7. Well, I wanted to see if I could port-forward with uTorrent, because my router doesn't have the ability to port-forward. I don't know if this an option though, saying that there are multiple ports in a BungeeCord server

8. Pretty sure every router can port forward. If not then yours is either ancient technology or something from Pluto.

9. My router is an Arris Surfboard SB6183 - if anyone could tell me if there is a way to port-forward with this router than please send me something about it - will look into the issue

10. Are all of the servers "online mode" set to false on the serverproperties.yml ?

11. All except the proxy server* :)

12. so when you do /server (server name) it works?

13. Yes, everything works perfectly and I can join it because I'm hosting it, but other people like my friends can't join the server. I'm wondering what IP that I would give them

14. And also what I should do to make it public

15. like Brett said every router has the ability to port-forward unless its from like 20 years ago

if you are on windows
    open command prompt and type "ipconfig"
    find the Default Gateway type that into your browser
    login to your router
    find port forwarding or port triggering
    put in the lan ip of your host computer (the "IPv4" also in the ipconfig dialouge) in the host section
    put for the port whatever port your bungeecord is running on (you only need to port forward for bungeecord)
    save changes and apply wait if your router needs to update then attempt to log in.