1. Guest, as per the stickied thread, this forum has not been in use since 2014. All bugs and feature requests should be posted to JIRA.

Bug Issue with Signs EVC

Discussion in 'Bugs & Feature Requests' started by NinjarakuPwnz, May 22, 2016.

1. so several hundred signs are showing specific issues, this is only in certain areas but i've found out it is per-chunk, but involving dozens of chunks... as the image attached shows, this is what the majority of my signs look like.

it's got me stumped since it's not a global issue, i've reloaded worlds, updated essentials and essentials chat to 1.9 builds, and warp signs no longer work either so i'm assuming it's essentials, anyone else having/had this problem or have a fix?

hundreds of signs, and most are attached with functions. since i'm solo staff 2016-05-22_10.11.58.png /admin/owner replacing them one by one will be really... really... just awful xD

2. If you send me the world in a private message I will write a simple plugin to fix this (if possible, two scenarios of what went wrong, one is fixable, the other isn't).

• Like Like x 1
  3. do you know what the issue is that's causing it to originate ?

4. No, but I could write a simple plugin to loop through all signs, parse the string you want to be on them, and put that on the sign instead.

• Like Like x 1
  5. but is there a way to repair/refresh it so the signs revert back to what was originally on them? or a file?
    it looks like it messed up signs only within the spawn radius, they have partial words from what they originally had typed on them but instead of the normal &2 type it swapped to the server motd style color codes.
    it's not all signs so i don't think a plugin is needed, just wondering where i'd find the sign info, world file?
    no work for 3 days so i get to tamper with my server haha