Issues with lag

Discussion in 'Server & Community Management' started by Soledge, Apr 12, 2013.

1. I have a Minecraft server, which i use with spigot's latest devbuild as of this OP.
    I employ numerous steps to increase my performance of my server and make it as lag free as possible. My latest change was to add-on parameters for java in a launch script.
    Code (Text):
    java -server -Xincgc -Xmx54G -Xms1G -Xmn512M -XX:NewRatio=2 -XX:CMSFullGCsBeforeCompaction=1 -XX:SoftRefLRUPolicyMSPerMB=2048 -XX:+CMSParallelRemarkEnabled -XX:+UseParNewGC -XX:+UseAdaptiveSizePolicy -XX:+DisableExplicitGC -Xnoclassgc -oss4M -ss4M -XX:+UseFastAccessorMethods -XX:CMSInitiatingOccupancyFraction=90 -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:UseSSE=4 -XX:+UseCMSCompactAtFullCollection -XX:ParallelGCThreads=4 -XX:+AggressiveOpts -cp "craftbukkit.jar" -jar "craftbukkit.jar"
    my server after launch was running splendidly, but i began to see my NocheatPlus bug errors at me, most commonly caused by lag. And then the spike nailed me, and i even got booted. it wasn't enough to crash spigot (thanks md_5) but im left hangin.

Any advice?

2. YoFuzzy3

Supporter

Don't use all those flags, Java can work it out itself. All you need is Xms and Xmx, also Xincgc for a better garbage collector at the cost of a little more CPU usage. By the way, 54GB ram for a Minecraft server? o_O

3. Could you provide use some timings (timings command) or examine files (with NoLagg)? Maybe its just a faulty plugin that is stopping your server speed.