Issues with start.sh

Discussion in 'Systems Administration' started by Pix3lMagic, Aug 12, 2018.

1. Hello all.

I am currently using an OMGServ VPS and I am trying to use this start.sh script:

Code (Text):
    #!/bin/bash
    screen -m -S hub /root/hub/server.sh
    and server.sh:

Code (Text):
    #!/bin/bash
    while true; do
        java -Xmx2024M -Xms2024M -cp "minecraft_server.jar:lib/*" org.bukkit.craftbukkit.Main
    done;

This worked previously for me, however, since I switched vps it hasn't. Is there any visible errors?

Thank you!
    :D

2. Not sure what exactly you are trying to run, but to start a spigot server it's as simple as doing.
    Code (Text):
    java -Xms1M -Xmx1G -jar minecraft_server.jar

3. Doesn’t work. Keep in mind I’m using screens because of Ubuntu.

4. You switched VPS, now it doesn't work.

Erhm, maybe silly question but, .. can you confirm the files are 100% the same and actually there?

Why are you loading it up as minecraft_server:/lib* whatever? Surely the spigot-1.12.2.jar is inside the directory?

Where do you run these files from, another directory? cron? .. are the paths still correct?

5. Maybe he didn't install Java? :unsure:

6. At this point I do not even know what the error is. So I guess this is possible too.

7. Everything is correct. I am loading up that to load my classpath files such as MongoDB etc etc. The jar was also renamed.

No, the server runs manually but /restart doesn't work.

8. Could you make a screenshot from your server directory for us? So we can see where you are trying to launch from and which .jar file you are trying to launch? I have another question: Do you use spigot? Because I see that you are trying to launch a minecraft_server.jar while a spigot is more of this format: spigot.1.12.2.jar

9. I renamed the spigot file.

10. #screenshot please

11. Code (Text):
    #!/bin/bash
    while true; do
        java -Xmx2024M -Xms2024M -cp "/root/hub/minecraft_server.jar:lib/*" org.bukkit.craftbukkit.Main
    done;
    Try to insert path in the startup script.