1. Guest, as per the stickied thread, this forum has not been in use since 2014. All bugs and feature requests should be posted to JIRA.

Bug Item's display name not applying correctly

Discussion in 'Bugs & Feature Requests' started by Krydor8, Jul 16, 2020.

1. In minecraft 1.16.1 (Spigot.jar, version: git-spigot-a0287a20-7560f5f), I have found an issue revolving around display names in items.
    If an item's JSON information exceeds a certain length in characters (Not sure which it is), the idem's display name is not applied.

The command used: https://hastebin.com/vohowepeya
    The expected result: [​IMG]
    The actual result: [​IMG]

There isn't a maximum length for a line of text's JSON information on the tablist, bossbar, action bar, scoreboard and Message Of The Day so I assume that this is unintentional.

IMPORTANT: this does not seem to happen in a vanilla minecraft_server.jar

2. I think your NBT string is incorrect.
    I just tested that in both a Spigot server as well as a vanilla server, same outcome.

3. I am experiencing the same issue and I am not using commands, but changing the name via the ItemMeta API. It appears to be linked to the length, just as Krydor8 said...

4. I don't think it's the lenght.

I'm using setDisplayName from org.bukkit.inventory.meta and have the same issue.

It's kind of strange. Some user on my server experienced the same issue and some don't.

I installed optifine and I thought that fixed the issue. To verify that I swapped to vanilla 1.16.1 MC and I didn't experience the issue.