It's been an amazing three years.

Discussion in 'Community Feedback and Suggestions' started by jflory7, Oct 7, 2016.

1. jflory7

jflory7 Retired Moderator
    Retired Benefactor

Hey Spigoteers,

For over three years now, I have been privileged to be a part of the SpigotMC community. Since the day I joined on October 4th, 2013, I was wrapped up in the community from the start and was able to repay my thanks and gratitude to the community by serving as a moderator. Spigot has seen many changes over the past few years, and I'm happy to say that the project is managed by wise and intelligent people that I am honored to call my friends. Spigot was my first major community that I became a part of, and it has affected my life in an uncountable number of ways.

But today, I am here for another reason. It is with a heavy heart to announce that I am resigning from my staff position as a moderator effective today. It's a decision that I've been thinking about for a while now, and unfortunately, due to a variety of real-world commitments, I am no longer able to maintain the time and focus to remain as a staff member.

I've gotten to know so many of you over the years, and some I've even had a chance to say hello in person at MINECONs. The community was always the reason why I loved Spigot and wanted to be a part of the project. My experiences here and in the overall Minecraft community have helped shape and mold my life towards the direction it is now. The list of names I have to thank is too long to include in a single post. But to everyone who I've had the chance to talk to and help, I hope that I've been able to be a part of creating a positive experience for you in the Spigot community.

One big thanks I have to make is to @md_5. Michael commits so much time and energy into this project every day, and from my staff position, this was made especially clear to me. I've learned a lot from him and he does an amazing job at managing Spigot. He has been a mentor for myself and so many others in the project, and none of this would be possible without him. We all have a big thanks to give to md_5 and the rest of the staff team for all of their continued time and dedication to the project. Remember that all of these people are here in their free time, unpaid, putting this all together. It's a big accomplishment and it's the result of positive collaboration and teamwork.

It's been great, Spigoteers… when I say I'm going to miss you all, I sincerely mean it. But now it's my time to move on. You might find me across the Internet in other places or in the future someday. Don't be a stranger, and always feel free to reach out to me at any time.

Cheers, and thanks,
    - jflory7 (Justin)​

[​IMG]

P.S. - I have my own IRC channel on the Spigot IRC network! Join #j on irc.spi.gt and feel free to hang out and talk with me there.

#1 jflory7, Oct 7, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2016
    • Friendly x 86
    • Winner x 5
    • Like x 2
    • Funny x 2
    • Useful x 1
  2. Geka

Supporter

That's emotive :D

Bad that you are leaving your position as a moderator, you did your work very well :)
    Good luck!

• Friendly Friendly x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Incredible, I always say your name on the forums you will be missed

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Hex

Hex
    IRC Staff

This is really sad news, it's been so much fun hanging out with you. I hope that wherever you go next, you have the same influence in the community that you did here. We'll miss you.

• Friendly Friendly x 9
  5. foncused

Moderator Patron

Sad to see you leave but your reasons are completely understandable. I want to personally thank you for helping me grab a Spigot shirt from MINECON 2015 and for all the positivity you introduced to these forums and this community.

I wish you the best with your future endeavors! :)

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  6. jflory7

Retired Benefactor

Thanks!
    Thanks, it means a lot. I'm going to be missing the community too.
    Thanks, Hex. It's been fun to hang out with you too over these past few years. But you know where to find me. :)
    Thanks foncused – super glad I was able to hook you up with a shirt! :) I appreciate the warm wishes.

• Friendly Friendly x 3
  7. You have been an amazing moderator. Sad to see you retired! We will all miss you as mod.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. jflory7

Retired Benefactor

Thanks, I appreciate the warm wishes… hopefully I'll still be around a little bit. I have my own IRC channel on the Spigot IRC network too, #j. Any and all are welcome to join. :)

• Winner Winner x 1
  9. Will be missed!!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. Why does md_5 have red eyes?

I am so sorry to here that you are leaving, you gave a lot to the community, so thank you for being a great mod here on spigot :)

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. oh, bye bye then. :(

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. Even though I've never had the chance to speak with you, it's sad to see you go.

Bye

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  13. Nooooo jflory! :eek:

• Like Like x 1
  14. clip

Benefactor

Thank you for all your hard work and dedication bro. Wish you the best of luck in your future!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  15. Sad to see you go man, it was great meeting you at Minecon this year, good luck with your future endeavors!

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  16. Thank you for all your contributions to the community, we'll never forget you!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  17. MiniDigger

Supporter

Sad to see you go, farewell!

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  18. jflory7

Retired Benefactor

Thanks everyone, this all means a lot to me. Hopefully this will not be the last you ever see of me. :)

[​IMG]

19. i always loved you

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. Bye, you where always awesome!

• Friendly Friendly x 1