Its done!

Discussion in 'Server & Community Management' started by Furied, Jun 8, 2015.

1. Screenshot_2015-06-07-19-48-10.png I have finished MineLink now! My new server list there are a few CSS color changes to be done and add some navbar stuff but currently those are all extras rn the email for activate is [email protected] new one being added tonight but tell me what you think I hope you like it!

Http://MineLink.us

• Optimistic Optimistic x 5
  2. Why should we use your list over others?

3. View attachment 42741
    well tbh its not like you cannot use all server lists its doesn't hurt but MineLink was made for fun and then it evovled into s project to make a server list that gives all servers a fair chance All server lists are focused on votes and then servers trying to get a community are at the bottom so we aim to be not so focused on votes but views etc so all servers no matter how small have a chance![/QUOTE]

4. [/QUOTE]
    Your theme is gross, hard to look at.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Your theme is gross, hard to look at.[/QUOTE]
    What parts? Ik the nav bar is bad I am changing its background to black

6. Also since its for new servers I do a giveaway each month to a random server this month I am giving away a .us domain

• Like Like x 1
  7. Sweet bro! But could it be something else, not .us? Like .net or .org? That will get you alot more servers registering!

Also how do i make my IP jacko.mcpro.co?

EDIT: it also wont register my MOTD properly? It just goes with the default :/

8. On the list? It will always have the 25565 for just a few more days due to my server being on the same dedi it makes it so the port isn't open but in a day or so that'll be resolved

Edit: About the .org it wasn't aviable but luckily the current owner is a good guy and we are discussing a sell price

• Like Like x 1
  9. how about .net? :p

10. That wasn't aviable but as I said he is willing to sell it to me and I have around 2k to put into the list not a lot due to me having a server to but 2ks enough for now but i will get that .org cuz its the best one

• Like Like x 1
  11. Also my normal ip is 162.244.167.101:49908 but how do i make '162.244.167.101' 'jacko.mcpro.co'?

12. Put jack.mcpro.co where u put the IP u have now and save

13. I have done the IP for u as it seems you were having some troubles figuring it out!

• Like Like x 1
  14. HTML:
    <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Frameset//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/frameset.dtd">
    <html>
    <head>
    <meta http-equiv='content-type' content='text/html; charset=UTF-8'>
    <meta name="VERSION" content="">
    <meta name="DATA" content="fwdnode1.registrar-servers.com (98.142.221.3)">
    <link href=" " rel="shortcut icon" type="image/x-icon">
    <title></title>
    </head>
    <frameset rows='100%, *' frameborder=no framespacing=0 border=0>
    <frame src="http://167.114.144.122/serverlist/" name=mainwindow frameborder=no framespacing=0 marginheight=0 marginwidth=0></frame>
    </frameset>
    <noframes><h2>Your browser does not support frames. We recommend upgrading your browser.</h2><br><br>
    <center>Click <a href="http://167.114.144.122/serverlist/" >here</a> to enter the site.</center>
    </noframes>
    </html>

• Why use an iframe for this? This is horrible SEO practice for a server list website.
    • Center is deprecated in HTML5 (just so you know for the future)
    • Header is empty for your "viewing" iframe page, poor SEO
    • Color scheme is bloody awful (pun for the blood like colors in the nav bar).
    • You need to grow traffic before you start monetizing

#14 JAMESTEL, Jun 8, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2015
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Lol I wanted orange and white but my sites co owner was like no black and red its getting changed trust me plus sorry but this list won't be supported with interent explorer for a bit so if you could please use a different browser

16. Or just setup your site right.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  17. I am using Firefox?

Also, I think you still need to rethink your design choices and "coding" practices.

18. It works with Firefox from what I am aware but I am having the code updated any suggestions for colors for the site?

19. I didn't say anything wasn't working, but using iframes for the entire page with a empty header isn't what your landing page should have.

20. Emepty header I have a image above the highlighted servers on the front page?