Suggestion It's time to add more payment options.

Discussion in 'Community Feedback and Suggestions' started by BrettPlayMC, Feb 27, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Guess I'm moving in Canada then

2. I live in Turkey for 20 years and my country with PayPal to pay off. Therefore, I cannot buy plugins, other payment options must be created.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. MiniDigger

Supporter

So that your lil dictator can ban those too?

• Funny Funny x 3
  4. Small sidenote - in the UK at least, and im sure quite a few other countries will also have a similar policy, you can get a debit card at 11, and then online banking at 13 iirc? Having my debit card is an absolute life saver, I don't want to bother opening paypal accounts and getting them banned soon after because I'm 17

5. Well, thing is that most of the people lie about their age, and use these paypal accounts without any problem. PayPal won't bother you as long as you don't request some change on your profile.
    About debit cards - in Bulgaria, you were able to get debit card when you are 12, but after some changes in the constitution regarding kids' privacy data saved securely or some other shit (im not that deep in these things), now banks require you to have an ID card - which you should obtain at 14, so in Bulgaria you obtain your debit card at 14 if you want and you can request your bank to make it usable online - by default it isn't.

6. MiniDigger

Supporter

they will ask for verification if you hit a certain threshold of money you transferred. its not too hard to hit if you actually use your paypal acc.

7. GC.

GC.

I suggest xsolla, it's been added by Tebex for support and it's brilliant. It combines 700+ gateways which buyers can use, there's even bank transfer, credit card or CASH option (scan a code at a store to pay for it, no idea which countries support but mine does), paypal, paygol, paysafecard, itunes cards are supported. It has lower fees than PayPal and there's automated payouts to bank / paypal every week. This way if buyer chargebacks it can be controlled and money doesn't disappear instantly, it can automatically take taxes from payments as well.

Ever since Tebex added it I've been using it and it's been nothing but great.

8. I've never heard of that service, i don't use payment services that you never have heard of.

If your argument is: paypal is suspending accounts of people that are selling minecraft plugins; please include that source of this by linking to the paypal policy where they clarify that they're doing this.

• Like Like x 1
  9. GC.

GC.

The thread is in donators category, most of the people will not see it.
    It was added by Tebex and is starting to become more and more popular in Europe, they don't directly accept transactions but are partnered with other gateways to do this, which means no risk for buyers. I'd be happy even if there were more options here than paypal as for my current situation - every paypal account that gets a purchase of my plugins is automatically limited.

10. Why would someone buying from you get their account suspended, when it's about the person selling it.

11. GC.

GC.

I tried selling using family's paypal accounts for a test and they got instantly limited as well (mentioned in the other thread)

12. Yeh, so your account tried to use your own service, and paypal spotted this and took action. Seems like a logical action more than anything.

13. GC.

GC.

This is super off-topic from the thread so I won't reply anymore. Logical how - let's say they sold plugins on here, would that be logical to get limited for as well? These accounts were not associated by neither the purchases to them were done by me, they were fully 3rd party accounts never used for any selling of plugins, attempting to verify wasn't successful either after they requested it and one of them was permanently limited. I don't see this as an appropriate action for selling plugins on here, which is why I'm made to believe that it has to do something with my plugins.

14. electronicboy

IRC Staff

is there an xenforo plugin for xsolla? can plugin devs easily register on xsolla?

15. GC.

GC.

I don’t believe there’s a plugin but the resources addon allows hooking into custom paygates, the api is here: https://developers.xsolla.com/api/v2/getting-started/

16. electronicboy

IRC Staff

Well, if there is no plugin for it, somebody would need to make one, not really sure md would be willing to do that

And, as I asked:
    Can plugin developers easily apply for an account on that site?

17. I live in Turkey too. We really need another option for payments since PayPal is banned in here.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. GC.

GC.

I personally set it up for my website in less than 2 hours, it's api is very simple. If md_5 wasn't willing to, I could pay and I'm sure others would be willing to contribute as well to have one made.
    Apply - yes. They need your first and last name, address, phone number. It takes 1-3 business days to be accepted. Tebex (Buycraft) has support for it so it's certainly possible to set it up.

19. 68B

68B

I know that PayPal technically has a monopoly over all of the other payment gateways since its always been widely accepted.

Although theres WAY too many cons with paypal including, limiting accounts, limiting payments, putting holds on payments, verification after verification, chargebacks with buyer bias and more.

Adding more payment gateways would provide a lot of flexibility and boost sales for all developers too since as above, paypal is banned in some countries or their currency isnt accepted.

Ive had horrible experience with paypal, others have too, you can find it all over the internet. Just because you may not have, its only a matter of time before you do.

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. electronicboy

IRC Staff

Many of the options people have asked for over the years are either horrible for your average plugin developer to apply for making them unviable, or, have no plugin available, requiring spigot to basically pay somebody to implement it, which is generally not cheap, or, are just not really designed for sites like spigot where you have a few dozens of people all running different accounts from the same site

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.