Java 8 Update not working

Discussion in 'Systems Administration' started by IC_EPIC101, May 2, 2015.

1. I have recently tried to make a spigot server, but as soon as I open start.command It comes up with 'The file “Start.command” could not be executed because you do not have appropriate access privileges.' I don't know why or how this is possible as I downloaded java 8. Please help

IC_EPIC101

2. This is a file access permission problem. If you host this server yourself, all you have to do is set the start script permissions to 777.

3. Please tell me how to change the start script permissions to 777

4. FileZilla: Connect to your server, right click the start script, press File Permissions and then tick all the boxes and make sure the number says "777".

SSH: You should know this if you host your own server :/

5. Ok, I done that but now it says: Start.command: line 3: java: command not found. This is a java problem and I don't know how to fix it.

6. Copy the contents of your start script and paste them here please.

7. #!/bin/bash
    cd "$( dirname "$0" )"
    java -Xmx1100M -jar craftbukkit.jar -o true

8. If you have remote SSH access to the server, what happens when you type 'java -version' without the quotes?

9. I appreciate 755
    7 - read write execute
    5 - read execute

10. When I write java -version it says 'command not found'.

11. Wich OS are you running?

12. PLS DONT HURT ME SH FILES NEED +x PERMISSION

13. You should know not to make file permissions 777.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. OS X Yosemite Version 10.10.3

15. for mac idk how to fix that because i know only how to do that with centos, ubuntu etc but not mac
    sorry

16. Having All the same problems here with Java 8. i recently updated from java 6 because i was told 1.8 essentials does not work properly on java 6 so now that i have java 8 i cant even use my start.command file because it says ...
    line 3: exec: java: not found
    But if i click my spigot.jar directly my server loads with all plugins just fine but i have no console! Help i need to fix my start.command running Java 8 on Mac 10.9.5