Java not working on kit 8u241

Discussion in 'Server & Community Management' started by ControlFryPan, Feb 26, 2020.

1. So I downloaded my Java kit, 8u241 (I made a prev thread a week ago but that was java 10 plus only 1 response which was a week ago). I abbreviated my jdk8u241 and jre8u241 to jdk and jre, and attached the bins that lead to it to my System Path variable.

This is my System Path variable inside:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Oracle\Java\javapath;%SystemRoot%\system32;%SystemRoot%;%SystemRoot%\System32\Wbem;%SYSTEMROOT%\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;%SYSTEMROOT%\System32\OpenSSH\;C:\Program Files\Intel\WiFi\bin\;C:\Program Files\Common Files\Intel\WirelessCommon\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Intel(R) Management Engine Components\DAL;C:\Program Files\Intel\Intel(R) Management Engine Components\DAL;C:\Program Files\Java\jdk-10.0.02;C:\Program Files\Java\jre-10.0.02;

I also have a JAVA_HOME, which says C:\Program Files\Java\jdk-10.0.02. For my User Path var, it says %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\WindowsApps;

I did java -version in command prompt, also doing cmd beforehand. So can someone help me make java work? My discord is Somebody#1626

2. Hey, you mentioned that you "did" java -version in the command prompt, did it give you an error or did it output a version, if so which one?

3. It had an error saying no Java or something like that (Im on phone so i dont remember)