Spigot JDynmapGriefPrevention 2.5.1

GriefPrevention Addon with Dynmap Support (if available)

1. Any chance you can update the plugin to support the latest release of griefprevention? The maps shows UUID's now instead of the human readable names :)

2. I didnt, I let it start from scratch.

3. So you let the plugin create the config or copied it from the example folder? At the moment I have no idea what this can be...as I cannot reproduce this and from the line of code where this occurs looks for me that something in the config could wrong.
    Maybe it's another plugin which causes some trouble here. I need a bit time to have a deeper look here.

4. I tried both, both crashed the server within 1 minute. I will get you a list of all my plugins soon.

5. No, save the time. I don't think that that will help me. It was just an idea that there could be an plugin which changes claim files or something.
    The line where it fails ( the Null Pointer Exception in line 480) is from the original code (not from mine). So I am wondering if the server does not crash with any other version of my or the original plugin? Hm. I could place a try/catch part around this step which will then not let the server crash I guess. But it does not solve the reason why this happens.

6. Anybody using GriefPrevention version > 8.1 ? I've tested now so many things and even with the original Dynmap-GriefPrevention plugin Subclaims show up as admin claims.
    On the GP bukkit page, in the changelog of version 8.x.x, there is mentioned a fix for normal claims showing as admin claims. Seems that this is not fixed so far.
    I don't think that I update Uuid change of GP if I cannot fully test this.

Can anyone confirm that this is not only a problem on my side?

7. I would love to, but I cant test it without it crashing my server :(
    It never crashed with the origional (Im using it now) and your plugin used to work for me until the recent updates which is strange.

8. Question:

Anybody else having issues like PirateCraft described them here? Server crashing after a while when starting with the 1.0 version of the plugin? (Error messages in console which point to JDynmapGriefprevention?). I am still trying to understand the issue but cannot reproduce anything so far.

@PirateCraft: but I would need some info about the content of the claim files which are logged into console with the version I've send to you to get a better understanding why these might cause issues and others not and to compare with what I have in my files. Also exact version number of GP itself will be helpful.

9. Fantastic Update! Thanks

10. Love the additions, but the issue I'm having is when the plugin updates the claims on the map (left at default update check time), everyone times out. I lost the timings test from when we had the plugin installed, and there were no errors in the console. We only had 7 claims in existence at the time of testing the plugin. The latest version of dynmap, non-patched spigot 1.7.10, and version 8.1.8 of grief prevention was installed at the time we had your plugin installed.

Any help/fixes are greatly appreciated! :)

11. Can confirm this plugins is working with:
    Dynmap v2.1-alpha-1
    Griefprevention 9.3
    git-Spigot-2b97a38-e8efbb8 (MC: 1.8) (13-12-2014)

The only issue I've got is that there are "ghost" claims popping up, when scrolling the map. My guessing is that this is in fact a Dynmap related error tied to chrome (39.0.2171.95 m) Because I dont have this issue when I user IE11.

12. Oh, thanks a lot for this information!

13. Could someone using MC1.8 please send me a link (here or to [email protected]) so that I can see how that looks like? I do not have a MC1.8 server with other players and claims. Only my test server where I am alone. It should contain some claims and also subclaims...a living server so to say

14. I would gladly do this, but something broke.

Code (Text):
    [10:57:09] [Server thread/ERROR]: Error occurred while enabling JDynmapGriefPrevention v1.0 (Is it up to date?)
    java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string: "."
            at java.lang.NumberFormatException.forInputString(NumberFormatException.java:65) ~[?:1.8.0_25]
            at java.lang.Integer.parseInt(Integer.java:569) ~[?:1.8.0_25]
            at java.lang.Integer.parseInt(Integer.java:615) ~[?:1.8.0_25]
            at jahan.khan.jdynmapgriefprevention.JDynmapGriefPrevention.onEnable(JDynmapGriefPrevention.java:640) ~[?:?]
            at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPlugin.setEnabled(JavaPlugin.java:321) ~[spigot-1.8.jar:git-Spigot-081dfa5-4470462]
            at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.enablePlugin(JavaPluginLoader.java:335) [spigot-1.8.jar:git-Spigot-081dfa5-4470462]
            at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.enablePlugin(SimplePluginManager.java:405) [spigot-1.8.jar:git-Spigot-081dfa5-4470462]
            at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.v1_8_R1.CraftServer.loadPlugin(CraftServer.java:355) [spigot-1.8.jar:git-Spigot-081dfa5-4470462]
            at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.v1_8_R1.CraftServer.enablePlugins(CraftServer.java:315) [spigot-1.8.jar:git-Spigot-081dfa5-4470462]
            at net.minecraft.server.v1_8_R1.MinecraftServer.q(MinecraftServer.java:402) [spigot-1.8.jar:git-Spigot-081dfa5-4470462]
            at net.minecraft.server.v1_8_R1.MinecraftServer.k(MinecraftServer.java:370) [spigot-1.8.jar:git-Spigot-081dfa5-4470462]
            at net.minecraft.server.v1_8_R1.MinecraftServer.a(MinecraftServer.java:325) [spigot-1.8.jar:git-Spigot-081dfa5-4470462]
            at net.minecraft.server.v1_8_R1.DedicatedServer.init(DedicatedServer.java:211) [spigot-1.8.jar:git-Spigot-081dfa5-4470462]
            at net.minecraft.server.v1_8_R1.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:494) [spigot-1.8.jar:git-Spigot-081dfa5-4470462]
            at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745) [?:1.8.0_25]

[11:52:40 INFO]: This server is running CraftBukkit version git-Spigot-081dfa5-4470462 (MC: 1.8) (Implementing API version 1.8-R0.1-SNAPSHOT)

#34 mormoon, Jan 10, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2015
  15. Anybody else having Performance issues with version 1.2 when the update task starts (all 10 minutes or defined in the config file)?
    I got some feedback about that from a user but I do not see this on my server so far.
    If so it would be nice if I could get to know the number of claims available and number of Pffline players (in world/players or world/playerdata directory). Also if GP <8 or >8 is used.

16. I have no problem with this plugin. works perfect. thanks

17. I still have not been able to get this plugin to actually run without crashing my server completely within 20 seconds.
    I updated everything recently, moved to 1.8, updated Griefprevention and everything else to be completely upto-date.
    I would love to have this plugin working, maybe its the sheer number of my claims? I have about 4000 at present.

18. Version 1.0 also crashed for me on my MC1.8 test server. I think this is related to the main thread being occupied for too long.
    On my old Tekkit Lite Server I have no issues. Server starts...a few seconds later I see my 2500 claims on the map. With the newer GP/dynmap versions I can see (in v1.2) the claims being painted on the map one after another. I used an non-optimal way to look for the names within the array of offline players, I have re-written that, added some time measurements and debug output and I did not find the reason so far. I started to believe that it's not the plugin itself which causes this but I want to ask the author of dynmap/GP first until I to see if that this is the case. In my tests I've executed the claim updates in an asynchronous thread...so the server does not crash but it takes 40 or more Minutes until all claims are visible on the map. Even with my 20000 OfflinePlayers and 2500 Claims this cannot take such long. I will try earlier versions of GP/dynmap which already have uuid support to see if it's the sae there...but this takes time (which I don't have much at the moment. Weekend I guess may work).