Join and Leave messages

Discussion in 'Spigot Plugin Help' started by AlfieLeeSkinner, Jun 3, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. So I was trying to setup join and leave messages with a custom plugin and they were not working, so I removed the plugins and I'm getting 'true' messages when a player joins/leaves, please help how can i get rid of this?!

2. Im Sorry i cant understand what your tryin to say please say it agian with more detail

3. Check the Essentials (maybe EssentialsChat) config, i think it has a feature for that. If you're not using Essentials then I don't know.

4. so, I was trying to change my join and leave messages using a plugin, and it did not work and gave a 'true' message every time I joined/left. I removed the plugin and I am still getting 'true' messages on leave/join

5. After you removed the plugin did you restart the server?

6. No, however, I did just restart and it has not fixed anything. Also in the essentials, config whatever is under custom-join-message/custom-leave-message is what it show when you join/leave, yet when I change it to anything other than true/false it just resets? upload_2017-6-3_14-20-36.png

7. Set them to false, or set them to a custom message, this should work
    [​IMG]

8. Yes thats working! However, what do I put for the players name?

9. {USERNAME} for the player's name, and {PLAYER} for the player's displayname.

10. Thanks so much! You have helped a lot!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.