Spigot JoinBook Patch-1.2.1

This is JoinBook

1. tererun1 submitted a new resource:

JoinBook - This is JoinBook

Read more about this resource...

2. @tererun1 I will enjoy your plugin, I'm not sure if you are keeping it maintained or not, but if you are open to suggestions I do have a one. Since I am using this plugin for a changelog/announcement feature when my players join the game, I think it'd be really great if we could have a configurable option to make the book only open when the player joins for the first time since you've updated the book. So if the player1 joins the server they'll see the book pop up, but if they rejoin the server the book doesn't come up since they've already seen it, but if you change the book and player1 then joins the server again they will see the book because they haven't seen the changes made to the book. I saw this done on another plugin with a command that set the book as "new".

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Thank you for using this plugin. We will make a plugin with additional functions soon.

4. tererun1 updated JoinBook with a new update entry:

Added features only for first-timers!

Read the rest of this update entry...

5. I can't quite make the OnlyFirstJoin feature work. Although the players.yml is saving players UUID, the book still pops up on my screen when I join. I guess it may be because I have the nLogin plugin installed, which works like AuthMe, but I'm still not sure why doesn't it work.

6. Okay, I try to fix it.

7. It worked, but now i have this error ;(

java.lang.NullPointerException: null
    at net.tererun.plugin.joinbook.joinbook.Event.onPlayerJoin(Event.java:32) ~[?:?]
    at com.destroystokyo.paper.event.executor.asm.generated.GeneratedEventExecutor51.execute(Unknown Source) ~[?:?]
    at org.bukkit.plugin.EventExecutor.lambda$create$1(EventExecutor.java:69) ~[patched_1.16.5.jar:git-Tuinity-"32b4d52"]
    at co.aikar.timings.TimedEventExecutor.execute(TimedEventExecutor.java:80) ~[patched_1.16.5.jar:git-Tuinity-"32b4d52"]
    at org.bukkit.plugin.RegisteredListener.callEvent(RegisteredListener.java:70) ~[patched_1.16.5.jar:git-Tuinity-"32b4d52"]
    at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.callEvent(SimplePluginManager.java:607) ~[patched_1.16.5.jar:git-Tuinity-"32b4d52"]
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_16_R3.PlayerList.postChunkLoadJoin(PlayerList.java:357) ~[patched_1.16.5.jar:git-Tuinity-"32b4d52"]
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_16_R3.PlayerList.lambda$null$1(PlayerList.java:304) ~[patched_1.16.5.jar:git-Tuinity-"32b4d52"]
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_16_R3.PlayerConnection.tick(PlayerConnection.java:314) ~[patched_1.16.5.jar:git-Tuinity-"32b4d52"]
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_16_R3.NetworkManager.a(NetworkManager.java:592) ~[patched_1.16.5.jar:git-Tuinity-"32b4d52"]
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_16_R3.ServerConnection.c(ServerConnection.java:163) ~[patched_1.16.5.jar:git-Tuinity-"32b4d52"]
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_16_R3.MinecraftServer.b(MinecraftServer.java:1568) ~[patched_1.16.5.jar:git-Tuinity-"32b4d52"]
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_16_R3.DedicatedServer.b(DedicatedServer.java:419) ~[patched_1.16.5.jar:git-Tuinity-"32b4d52"]
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_16_R3.MinecraftServer.a(MinecraftServer.java:1388) ~[patched_1.16.5.jar:git-Tuinity-"32b4d52"]
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_16_R3.MinecraftServer.w(MinecraftServer.java:1120) ~[patched_1.16.5.jar:git-Tuinity-"32b4d52"]
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_16_R3.MinecraftServer.lambda$a$0(MinecraftServer.java:290) ~[patched_1.16.5.jar:git-Tuinity-"32b4d52"]
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:829) [?:?]

8. Thanks for the report. I've updated it.

9. Hey! Im operator in the server and trying to set this up but its saying i dont have perms how do i give myself perms?

10. Thanks for using it!
    Please install a permissions management plugin like LuckPerms.
    After installing it, add a permission node called "joinbook" to the player or group.

11. Ahhhh im sorry but im new to being a server op and using spigot would you mind making a video on this or if you want could you walk me through it on discord my user is gilbert#0802 im so sorry if this is a hassle for you but i really wanna get this done and dont wanna just give up and delete the files