JS or Java

Discussion in 'Programming' started by BemLo, Jun 4, 2016.

?

JS or Java?

1. JavaScript

2 vote(s)
    6.7%
  2. Java

18 vote(s)
    60.0%
  3. PHP

5 vote(s)
    16.7%
  4. C#

3 vote(s)
    10.0%
  5. C++

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Python

2 vote(s)
    6.7%
  1. QUESTON

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  2. It depends on the task at hand.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. An equally vague question would be "Tomatos or Tomato Sauce". It depends on the use.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Okay, just choice bestest for you language

5. Their 2 totally seperate things?

6. I can add PHP:p

7. Java go forward....

8. Ah you want to see which is our favourite? Then also add the popular ones (C#, C++) etc.

9. Your asking this question on a mostly Java developers website, ofc it will be that :p

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. OK

11. OMG, It now not also JS vs Java...

12. Still, if you know multiple of the ones from that list, you can't just say one is better than the other without any context. I'm hardly going to be designing a fully functional game in PHP but if I need a small, quick and easy to deploy project PHP would be the best option.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. +1

• Like Like x 1
  14. Choice it!

15. All of them.
    Although PHP is a flaming disaster.

If you want to be able to do just about anything without learning everything, java, C++ and a web language like PHP is a good set of choices. Java is also a good place to start for a beginner, as it does not force you to deal with highly technical stuff.

16. This thread is so dumb..

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. They're both good at different things. Java scales much better than Javascript (this is coming from someone who worked with angular/typscript at a large scale for my day job) and this is something you can't really refute. It's a lot faster to pump out some Javascript code though. Just as a small comparison. There are many differences between the two languages, and they're really only similar in their name.

18. Apples or bananas?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  19. Bananas)))

20. [​IMG]