Just an idea.

Discussion in 'Spigot Plugin Development' started by Exclarity, May 23, 2016.

1. To preface, this is not a request. Well, it is, but not a personal one. Someone needs to make this, for the community's sake.

Introduction:

I've found that there are many plugins out there which provide worthy experiences. However, not many good ones have been updated for 1.9, work correctly, or are free.

Components:
    -Uncomplicated configuration
    -Races
    -Classes
    -Skills
    -Metadata acceptance

Not Needed:
    -Scoreboards

Optional:
    -GUI config
    -GUI race/class selections
    -GUI skillupgrades
    -Racial Spawns

Mechanics:
    -A player will be prompted upon first join with a GUI (or command instructions) for selecting a race. The race will give them a single item unique to that species. (The race will provide that player with permanent stat benefits that level up as they level up themselves.) (Races can be changed by a staff member.) (Example: Bill chooses Elf out of 3 other races. Bill gains an extra 3 hearts, and is given an Eye of Ender named "Elysius' Soul".)

-After selecting their Race, they will immediately be prompted to select a Class. Classes will provide stat benefits as well, also giving the player a Kit that corresponds with their class. Classes may be changed, but with a cost of $X and will reset stats. (Example: Bill chooses the Archer class. He gets a Night Vision I effect and 3 extra stamina levels. Bill decides he wants to be a Swordsman instead, so he pays $5000 and changes, his extra stamina returning to normal, and any other skills reset to default.)

-As a player levels up, stats will increase by X increment. When a stat hits X level, the player will gain a skill that would be similar to the type of stat. (Example: Bill hits level 20 stamina. Bill will gain Jump Boost I effect for 20 seconds after taking 10 half-hearts of damage.)

User Commands:

-rsel <params> = Race Select
    -csel <params> = Class Select
    -reset = Reset Class/Stats, prompt Class GUI
    -skills = Bring up skilltree GUI
    -check <skill/stat> = Show level of Skill/Stat and display Exp:Exp Needed ratio

Admin Commands:
    -ares <player> <stats/skill/race/class> = reset target player's stats, skills, class, or race.
    -lvlup <player> <params> = Level up Skill/Stat of player, or the player themselves

Again, to clarify, THIS IS NOT A PERSONAL REQUEST. The purpose behind this post is to inspire someone into eventually doing this.

2. Sounds like a fairly personal request to me...

[​IMG]

/LUL

3. A personal request? No. I, and a group of server owners, plus several people on other forums I know, would be fond if this. I'm just shooting the idea out there, so it'll eventually happen.