just starting

Discussion in 'Skript' started by jeffdog, May 19, 2017.

1. i just started server hosting professionly and before have jsut used downloading plugins, but now i cant find some that i need and want to learn how to write as im also learning c# skript for unity. i have used python with minecraft on a rasberry pi pc but im guessing its no where near. i got eclipse, ect but am very confused if i really need that and also for a small plugin like something thatll just respond to players chat, do i really need all the code like classes, ect. all i know for java code as of rn is var and function.

2. I guess you want to use Java not Skript. Just look up on YouTube "Minecraft plugin tutorial". I am sure you will find in-depth Java tutorials to help you along your way!

Regards.

3. Check out this website too: https://www.sololearn.com/Course/Java/

4. Firstly before even getting close to minecraft developing, I recommend that you take a few lessons in Java, get the basics, get a feel of object orientated programming, then proceed to working with the API, you will find your learning much better if you understand Java rather than just learning the API first

#4 FlixionYT, May 20, 2017
    Last edited: May 20, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 1