Keep servers in sync

Discussion in 'Spigot Plugin Help' started by HelloitsRien, May 8, 2017.

1. Hey,

I have a Minecraft network (play.jartexnetwork.com) and we have a bedwars server in betá. Every bedwars game is a different server. Is there a plugin that helps me sync those servers on startup so that I don't have to edit every server if I change a configuration file?

I look forward to your answers :')
    Rien

2. What are your possibilities? Do you have any developers (coders), do you have a normal Minecraft host or a VPS / dedicated server? I think with a plugin this might be fairly tricky to do but with some other software this can be achieved in different ways. Just need to know your situation.

3. All you need to do is make a plugin that stores the file in a database and on startup each server grabs the file and puts it in the bedwars plugin directory.

4. It isn't just the Bedwars plugin, we have other plugins that hook into that plugin, anticheats e.t.c.
    Resources (databases, servers e.t.c.) doesn't matter, money would not be an issue.

As for @MrDienns
    We have our own dedicated servers and we do have developers, except they're all busy with other projects :mad:

5. This wouldn't be hard to solve, a plugin that syncs files in a database would easily do the job, I know some people that could do this pretty fast.

6. If you're talking about configurations of plugins and server settings, you could use use rsync. It's relatively easy to make a script that copies configs from one server to every other sever.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Like @Noob_Launcher11 said, I think this would be solved the best by saving configuration in a central place like a database. I use MongoDB and JSON (with GSON) for this.

If you can't do this, maybe look into Puppet.