Spigot KeepChunks 1.6.8

The most powerful chunk loading plugin!

1. Geitenijs submitted a new resource:

KeepChunks - Keep specified chunks loaded, even if you're not online!

Read more about this resource...

#1 Geitenijs, May 16, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Suggestion: Allow server owners to set an amount of regions by permission you can keep loaded. Example: keepchunks.keepregion.amount.X

3. Hello,

i have some questions.

I want to use this plugin with a command like /kc keepregion __global__
    Will that work?

And i have another szenario:

Every nigth our farmworld regenerated with /mv regen farmworld -s
    I want to preload the chunks in this world with your plugin after the world ist generated (after server reboot).

Is that possible or will it only work if i explore the chunks after /mv regen progress?

4. Clearlag support?

5. I've replied to your unsatisfactory DM...

6. Is there a definitive test I can do to ensure that the chunks are staying loaded? I did a furnace test and the items continued to cook as I was offline, but my other users are stating that KC's chunks are not staying loaded. I am not using any other lag plugin, and am on Spigot 1.10.2. All the research I have done states chunk loaders don't work for spigot, but why would people use this if it wasn't working?

7. Confirmed KC is keeping chunks loaded, lava flows, items cook, but things like mobs won't spawn and crops won't grow. I am pretty sure that is a Minecraft/spigot thing, not a KC thing.

8. Is it possible to let a command block run the KC commands? If so, it will allow my server to integrate a unique Warp Relay feature! I tested it manually and it allows my system to work! However the commands would need to be run via command block...

9. Dumb question: This plugin will work with iron farms the same way spawn chunks do, correct?

Apologies, I am not the smartest tool in the shed (intentional)

10. Yes, it does!

11. That is good. I didn't know if spawn chunks helped keep villages separated or something. I'm trying to do the Iron Titan iron farm, which has 64 adjacent villages in a 64x64 area, and villages not merging is fairly important.

12. Fantastic plugin, easy to use, working fine most of the time. Although I have one question, I build a slime farm on a slime chunk, when I'm online, it works fine, and I made that chunk keep loaded by your plugin, but it seems slimes are not spawn while I'm offline, is this normal? Thanks for your help!

13. What is meant with "KEEPCHUNKS v1.2.5 DOES NOT KEEP CHUNKS LOADED!"? I thought that's what the plugin is for?

14. The plugin is designed to keep chunks loaded, however v1.2.5 was a bugged version that did not keep chunks loaded. It's just a notice for people still running 1.2.5

#14 Geitenijs, Jan 14, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Does this work in 1.11.2? I planted some wheat, used /kc keepchunk, and logged out and when I checked back about 12 hours later (real time) it had not grown at all. I expected that if the chunk stayed loaded crops would continue to grow.

KeepChunks is definitely running because I get messages from it when I start my server:

Code (Text):

[10:47:52 INFO]: [KeepChunks] Enabling KeepChunks v1.2.4
    [10:47:52 INFO]: [KeepChunks] Loading configuration...
    [10:47:52 INFO]: [KeepChunks] Injecting commands...
    [10:47:52 INFO]: [KeepChunks] KeepChunks has been enabled!
    [10:47:52 INFO]: [KeepChunks] Starting to load the chunks...
    [10:47:52 INFO]: [KeepChunks] This may take a while, depending on how many chunks you have loaded!
    [10:47:52 INFO]: [KeepChunks] Loading chunk at X: -38, Z: -17 in world: world
    [10:47:52 INFO]: [KeepChunks] Loading chunk at X: -44, Z: -19 in world: world
    [10:47:52 INFO]: [KeepChunks] Loading chunk at X: -41, Z: -17 in world: world
    [10:47:52 INFO]: [KeepChunks] Loading chunk at X: -42, Z: -17 in world: world
    [10:47:52 INFO]: [KeepChunks] Checking for updates...
    [10:47:53 INFO]: [KeepChunks] You're up-to-date ;)

16. Sorry if this had been covered before, but I didn't find anything about it....

I have a multi-world server. "/kc keepselection" worked in all worlds, i.e. I see all chunks in the config.yml.

When starting the server, at the beginning only chunks from the main/default world BanditWorld are loaded :

[10:41:56] [Server thread/INFO]: [KeepChunks] Loading chunk at X: -100, Z: 373 in world: Banditworld
    [10:41:56] [Server thread/INFO]: [KeepChunks] Loading chunk at X: -76, Z: 347 in world: Banditworld
    [10:41:56] [Server thread/INFO]: [KeepChunks] Loading chunk at X: -175, Z: -48 in world: Banditland
    [10:41:56] [Server thread/INFO]: [KeepChunks] The world Banditland could not be found.
    [10:41:56] [Server thread/INFO]: [KeepChunks] Loading chunk at X: -85, Z: 352 in world: Banditworld
    [10:41:56] [Server thread/INFO]: [KeepChunks] Loading chunk at X: -73, Z: 346 in world: Banditworld
    [10:41:56] [Server thread/INFO]: [KeepChunks] Loading chunk at X: -52, Z: 327 in world: Banditworld
    However a few seconds down the log, Banditland chunks seem to be loaded :

[10:42:18] [Server thread/INFO]: [KeepChunks] Loading chunk at X: -60, Z: 305 in world: Banditworld
    [10:42:18] [Server thread/INFO]: [KeepChunks] Loading chunk at X: -41, Z: 21 in world: Banditland
    [10:42:18] [Server thread/INFO]: [KeepChunks] Loading chunk at X: -123, Z: 307 in world: Banditworld
    [10:42:18] [Server thread/INFO]: [KeepChunks] Loading chunk at X: -61, Z: 372 in world: Banditworld
    [10:42:18] [Server thread/INFO]: [KeepChunks] Loading chunk at X: -23, Z: 7 in world: Banditland
    [10:42:18] [Server thread/INFO]: [KeepChunks] Loading chunk at X: -76, Z: 279 in world: Banditworld

Apparently KC is starting before the other worlds are fully initialized.
    Is there a way to delay KC until all words are available ? Like forcing a certain plugin load order ?

17. Can you add if a faction claim some land that keep the cunks? Thanks

18. Geitenijs updated KeepChunks with a new update entry:

KeepChunks v1.3.0

Read the rest of this update entry...

#18 Geitenijs, Mar 11, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Thank you for your plugin.

• Like Like x 1
  20. #20 Geitenijs, Mar 23, 2017