Kicking users with weird reasons

Discussion in 'Spigot Plugin Development' started by Swedz, Jun 15, 2016.

1. I've tried googling this error, but with no avail. (Sometimes) When a user right-clicks with a rod, or shoots an arrow, they get kicked with this error message:
    [​IMG]
    There's nothing in my server console about it, it just says the user "Disconnected", there also seems to be nothing about it in the Minecraft client log..

Why would this be occuring?
    ~ Also, sorry if this is in the wrong spot.. I didn't really know where to put it :p ~

Thanks!

2. Is this about a plugin you're creating?

3. This belongs in Spigot Plugin Help, also, a plugin list will be helpful.

4. Oh an OutOfBounds exception, I got that once, try making everyone who joins for a day spawn on join automatically (I know it sounds dumb, and unrelated, but it fixed it for me)

5. All of my plugins are custom.

6. If all your plugins are custom made tell the ones who made you the plugin your issue, because no one else here knows what sort of code they used while making your plugin.

7. I made them..

8. Are you using protocol lib? It seems like a malformed incoming packet.

9. I'm not, and this error only occurs when a player uses a fishing rod or shoots an arrow. Nothing else.. :\

I'm not even doing anything to do with fishing rods or bows in my code either.

10. are you using any plugins like ViaVersion, ProtocolSupport or anything else that modifies the protocol data?
    What version of Spigot are you running?

11. I actually am using ViaVersion, the latest version of ViaVersion on Spigot-1.8.8-R0.1-SNAPSHOT. I will try removing ViaVersion and see if this fixes it.

12. im 99% sure it is.
    Also, spigot sadly does not support people that run ViaVersion.

13. This has resolved my issue, I will contact the ViaVersion creator and ask him about this.

14. "All my plugins are custom"
    "I use ViaVersion"
    Hmmm

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. Also, ViaVersion updated this morning. I don't know what they did, but maybe your problem is fixed.

16. Any errors on your bungee?