lag in specific chunks

Discussion in 'Performance Tweaking' started by TheWackyTV, Dec 8, 2017.

1. Hi there.

I currently have a world and when I tp to it (or anyone else does) my fps goes down to 3 and I get lag spikes all the time. There is no entities in the chunks, it's an empty world with some houses people can rent with a few chests in it.

What can cause this?

2. Maybe there are invisible entities generated by a plugin and they load when you join.

3. How can I check this?

4. Maybe pasting your server timings here would tell us if a plugin is lagging or something... (Do [/timings on] and wait 15 minutes then do [/timings paste] and paste the link here).

Btw this lag can be caused when theres too many Skulls , if you have any skulls in the area try removing them.

5. There and the name of the world is MarcusPvP (which is where the lag is) https://timings.aikar.co/?id=e2934dcd8f1a4458a88a762af3354496

#5 TheWackyTV, Dec 10, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2017
  6. The problem is the connection handler (Player Join Event) everytime a players joins the server lags.

You have a lot of intensive plugins , try disabling all the plugins that you dont really need and unninstall plugman (I had really high CPU usage with plugman)

7. I fixed the Player Join Event, it was a plugin that needed to be updated.

Although this is FPS lag, and it’s there without plugins.

8. Did you try what i told you? (Searching for skulls and removing them all)

Try doing /killall all and check if the fps lag dissapears.

If that doesnt work i suggest reducing ticks per tile and entities.

Oh and search for spawners too , spawners give a lot of fps lag.

9. Yea, there's no skulls. There's only chests, it's cells that people can buy.