lag on my server

Discussion in 'Performance Tweaking' started by FyFou57, Sep 1, 2018.

1. hello !
    I have big lag problems on my server I hope you can help me
    Version : PaperSpigot 1.8.8 (with bungee)
    system :
    CPU : Intel i7-6700K - 4c/8t - 4GHz /4,2GHz
    RAM : 32Go DDR4 2133 MHz
    Disques : SoftRaid 2x480Go SSD

timings : https://timings.aikar.co/?id=0b77406064ec46f593c8591204937740

I thought the problem was the mobs, but I often do / killmob / lagg killmob kill 100-300 monsters which is not huge (100-200) and the tps do not rise after ... i have mobstacker

2. Mobs actually seem to be the issue on your server. I suggest trying to optimize the mob activation ranges and minimize the amount of mobs that spawn.

Also, your /lagg killmob doesn't seem to clear all mobs. you usually have around 2000 entities alive on your server.

Not only that, but there was a huge spike in the amount of tile entities. This means blocks that have special behaviours like inventories (chests, hoppers), Text (Signs), etc.

There was a spike from 14k Tile entities to 28k tile entities. It may mean that a lot of chunks got loaded.

I suggest investing some time in optimizing your server, from your spigot to your paper spigot configuration.

I also suggest you to ditch ClearLagg. You can implement all useful optimization features from it via paper.yml, spigot.yml, and bukkit.yml.\
    You shoudn't use that much ram too. Keep it at 12 GB maximum (i'd recommend 8GB but you'll need a lot of optimization for that to work out)

3. See this thread, is very very useful

4. Can you try this startup script.
    Code (Text):
    java -Xmx8G -Xms8G -XX:+UseG1GC -XX:+UnlockExperimentalVMOptions -XX:MaxGCPauseMillis=100 -XX:+DisableExplicitGC -XX:TargetSurvivorRatio=90 -XX:G1NewSizePercent=50 -XX:G1MaxNewSizePercent=80 -XX:InitiatingHeapOccupancyPercent=10 -XX:G1MixedGCLiveThresholdPercent=35 -XX:+AggressiveOpts -XX:+AlwaysPreTouch -XX:+ParallelRefProcEnabled -Dusing.aikars.flags=mcflags.emc.gs -jar server.jar
    Replace server.jar with your jar

5. what this changement do ?

6. Optimizes the GC and ram