Lag problems, I think it is our host

Discussion in 'Performance Tweaking' started by JavaSE, Jun 20, 2015.

1. http://timings.aikar.co/?url=11747332 (I took this when it started crashing and lagging)

I don't get it, 19 tps and we just randomly keep crashing throughout the day, only on weekends! I don't get it! It just started about 3 weeks ago and and only on weekends, I think our hosting company mcprohosting added another server to our node and they are causing the instability.

I just had a use lag spike and almost crashed, here is the timings report: http://timings.aikar.co/?url=11747413

This is the message people get right before we crash: 20.06 15:38:16 [Disconnect] User vildbjorn has disconnected, reason: Internal Exception: java.io.IOException: Broken pipe

Please I don't know what is wrong! If you can help, let me know! I don't want to complain to the hosting company and find out it was my fault.

2. I think it's got something to with multicraft. So its most likely your host.

3. Its really simple whats causing your lag, your using mcprohosting.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Says the person who said that MCProHosting is good -_-

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Using MCPH is a big no. Try a better host or consider getting a VPS if you are not able to afford a Dedicated.

McProHosting is usually overselling their servers and hence a lot of Minecraft servers are being served at a time and therefore, instablilities are being caused.

Using my little knowledge in Java, that error is mostly MCPH's problem. Try contacting them to move your server to a different node.

6. aaand i said that when?

7. Thanks, will do I will ask them to, I haven't had any problems with them before now, up until this point I would have recommend them.

8. Cldfire

Cldfire Retired Moderator
    Retired

MCPH is a huge, huge mistake. NEVER use MCPH.

9. Yeah, MCProhosting don't give you a great performance Minecraft server.

10. It used to be the good few years ago when MCPH had a less overloaded network.

11. Remove essentials vteamcity? Should fix that issue..

12. Like a few months ago ._.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. After looking at that timings, I can find a lot of commands being executed and taking advantage of Essentials /sudo conmand.
    Take this considerations:
    Do you need entities on a plotworld?
    Make mine resets occur less frequent?
    Try turning off the Anti-Xray on your spigot.yml.

14. like no i didnt

• Optimistic Optimistic x 2
  15. Yeah, I guess thats what happens when you get one too many clients.

Their support has also been effected too. Moments where I would more than 20 minutes to be in live chat. Of course now they don't have one.

16. http://timings.aikar.co/?url=11750785 Thank you! I will see if this makes a long term difference. I kinda wanted Anti X-ray, but I don't think I really need it and if it helps the server, I am all for it

17. Get a better host i use shockbyte.com i like it very much and its cheap!

18. You have to be kidding, shock byte!?! Can I see a timings report or something? That company has a lot of bad reviews...

19. Switch to Exodus Hosting? xD

edit: or use Intreppid minecraft hosting