1. Guest, as per the stickied thread, this forum has not been in use since 2014. All bugs and feature requests should be posted to JIRA.

Lag Spikes?

Discussion in 'Bugs & Feature Requests' started by GeneralCrono, Apr 10, 2013.

1. People are complaining of Lag Spikes.
    Plugins:
    Multiverse Core,Portals and Inventory,Essentials(All of them),WorldEdit and Guard,Votifier,SImpleVoteListener,Vault,Towny,SurvivalGames,SuperSpleef,SafeCreeper,Buycraft,ChestShop,iDisguise,CoreProtect.

No console errors, and it doesn't look like a lot of CPU or RAM is being used.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. Could you get a timings report?

3. If you mean Chat Timing, it takes 2-4 seconds to chat. Before it was Instant

4. Does it lag with Craftbukkit?
    Also what changes have you made between the time you server was not lagging and when it was lagging?

5. No, a timings report of your plugins.

1. /timings on
    2. /timings paste
    3. Give us the link.

6. It looks like one of my plugins cannot update:
    10.04 16:01:09 [Server] INFO (SurvivalGames)<Legacy>coolmaddness can i have permission to get my head GeneralCrono?
    10.04 16:01:03 [Server] INFO (SurvivalGames)<HeadAdmin>Vocloz alex my map is done
    10.04 16:00:49 [Server] INFO [SurvivalGames] could not check for updates.
    10.04 16:00:49 [Server] SEVERE at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:722)
    10.04 16:00:49 [Server] SEVERE at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:615)
    10.04 16:00:49 [Server] SEVERE at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1145)
    10.04 16:00:49 [Server] SEVERE at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.v1_5_R2.scheduler.CraftAsyncTask.run(CraftAsyncTask.java:53)
    10.04 16:00:49 [Server] SEVERE at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.v1_5_R2.scheduler.CraftTask.run(CraftTask.java:67)
    10.04 16:00:49 [Server] SEVERE at com.skitscape.survivalgames.Events.JoinEvent$2.run(JoinEvent.java:38)
    10.04 16:00:49 [Server] SEVERE at com.skitscape.survivalgames.util.UpdateChecker.check(UpdateChecker.java:57)

7. Thats nothing.. Check /ncp lag and tell us how many spikes there are?

8. No such command.

9. Your timings report looks perfect, so your players might be experiencing some latency to the server (high ping).

If you saw the link, you would've seen he doesn't have NCP...
    (GeneralCrono: That's seriously a bad idea. You need to get NCP, or even AntiCheat)

10. Does it reduce any lag? Is it compatible with MySQL?

• Funny Funny x 1