Laptop

Discussion in 'Technology' started by CursedCeo, Dec 18, 2018.

1. Hello SpigotMc,

I'm CursedCeo and I'm looking to purchase a new laptop for
    things like architecture, mc developing.
    The programs I'll be using on the Laptop are autocad and revit, meaning it will need a good performance since it loads the draws in 2D and 3D at the same time.

Things I wouldn't mind:
    Touch
    360°
    Wouldn't be bad if I could purchase on amazon.

Budget:
    $0-$1000, I could go for $1500 but rather not!

Remember its a Laptop, please do not trash this thread and thanks for supporting me with this.

Best regards,
    CursedCeo

2. What size of a laptop are you looking for? 13.3" vs 15.6" makes for quite a difference.
    Is great battery life a necessity?

3. Hello,

The bigger the screen the better but like it isn't the most Important detail and about the battery around 8-12 hours but I would love for it to be around 15.6inches. It isn't just to use it at home but also in transports, vacations....

4. I'm not really 100% up to date with all the details, but I've got a feeling these might be "along" the lines of where you should be looking for.
    The links are just a simple google search. There might be places you get the same stuff cheaper.
    Acer Nitro 5 - with Core i5-7300HQ, GTX 1050 2 GB, a 128GB SSD, 1 TB HDD and 8GB RAM
    Dell G3 with Core i5-8300H, GeForce GTX 1050 4 GB, 256 GB SSD and 8 GB RAM
    LG Gram with i5-8250U, 256GB SSD and 8GB RAM
    (source)

If you think you'll need a dedicated graphics card, you'd be better off with one of the top 2, if you really need it to have that 10h battery life, the LG Gram would be a better fit (although a bit more expensive as well).
    With all of them you only get 8GB of RAM and that can easily run out just by doing MC plugin development.

This is just something I've picked up while consuming online media. I have no personal experience with any of the above mentioned laptops. The recommendations came from the 3 month old video I linked to earlier.

5. Thanks for the support, I'll keep looking for further laptop's, wouldn't mind having touch screen since it would be hard to use a mouse while in bed or in transports.

I would be thankful if the next amazon links would be in .fr

6. There's a slightly more expensive LG Gram which has a touch screen:
    here

7. Tip: Make sure you do lots of research as there are hundreds and thousands of laptops out there and narrowing down your choice is tough (I can relate).

8. I didn't think it'd cost that much to ship to France, I thought that was a "privilege" us Estonians had.

The Lenovo does look like it's very well comparable to the LG Gram and it has more memory to boost.

If I were you, I would look for at least a few laptops that you'd like and then look up some local sellers for them and get hands on in there. You can never really judge a laptop just from its product page and pictures. You'll want that hands on experience as well (if possible). You might not like the keyboard. You might be put off by the weight or construction. Or any number of other issues one might not even think of before actually touching one.
    You'd not be obligated to buy the thing from the local seller (which can often be more expensive), but IMHO it's a great way to get some extra confidence when ordering online.

9. I feel you but like local sellers sell the laptops more expensive here.

10. I know, hard to make a choice, It's the reason why I've made this thread

11. I know, that's why I said this:

12. Yea but It isn't about getting extra confidence when ordering online, It's about what Laptop offers the most for the best price.

13. Yes. And like I said, there is only so much you can do without going out and touching the thing yourself. Unless you're planning on buying this for someone else, first hand experience is important. That's how you're going to be using it after all.

14. I know, I understood what u said but I do not have much time to go out and touch laptops, after all I don't even know what laptop to get.

15. I would recommend a laptop that is made by a clevo reseller

16. The Huawei MateBook is pretty awesome

17. Thanks but still didn't find what I'm looking for.

18. If you have not yet buy a laptop then I offer you the Lenovo Y530. It has a powerful core processor i5 8th generation with a good graphics card Nvidia GTX 1050 with 4 GB of video memory and 8 GB of RAM.
    The 2D edition will not pose any problem, as well as 3D modeling or video editing.
    and it is below the 1,000 euro mark.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    UC Browser SHAREit MX Player

#19 deakon, Jan 6, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2019