Large amounts of chunks 1.15.2

Discussion in 'Spigot Help' started by Ziomkeee, Feb 10, 2020.

1. Hi. I use paperspigot (yes, yes, we do not support paperspigot here, but the same thing happens on a normal spigot) and with ~ 60 players online there are about 5,000 chunks! I don't know what to do to make them unload normally, are they loading them or what? Because it burden my server very much and there are tps drops down to 9 :v

Plugins: ActionHealth*, AntiAFKPro*, AuctionToken, AutoSaveWorld*, ChatRestrict, ChestHazard, Citizens, CitizensCMD, ClassicAccount, ClassicPlots2, ClearLag, CoinAPI, CoinCommand, CombatLogX, CommandManager*, CoreProtect, DailyQuests2, DisableEggSpawner, Duels, Enchanter, EndReset, EntityTrackerFixer, Essentials, EssentialsChat, EssentialsSpawn, EventManager, FastAsyncWorldEdit, FlyAndRepair, HeadDatabase*, HolographicDisplays, IllegalStack, ItemsRewards, LastLoginAPI, LuckPerms, Minepacks, Multiverse-Core, OpenInv, Parties, PlaceholderAPI, PlugMan, ProtocolLib, Rename, ServerCore, Shopkeepers, SlimeChunkCheck*, SpawnerDestroyer, SuperVanish, TAB, Vault, ViaVersion, WorldBorder, WorldEdit, WorldGuard

Server (ovh-game32)
    CPU: Intel i7-6700K - 4 c / 8 t - 4 GHz / 4.2 GHz
    RAM: 32 GB
    DISK: 2×480 GB SSD

2. What is your view distance? I'd recommend bumping it down to 6 if it is above 6.

in addition, do /timings, let it run for an hour, and /timings paste and provide the link to the timings here.

3. lets say your view distance = 4
    4 * 2 + 1(the chunk the player is in) = 9
    9 * 9 = 81 (chunks per player)
    81 * 60(players online) = 4860 chunks loaded.
    Seems pretty normal!

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Thanks for the clarification, but can it somehow unload chunks quickly? Because I have the impression that on 1.13 it worked more dynamic. And you can do to get at least 18tps? The world is generated, maybe too many mobs? Can I buy a server based on AMD Ryzen architecture?

5. Chunks should unload by themselves when the player leaves the area.

I recommend reading the optimization guide (you can see the link in my signature -> OPTIMIZE YOUR SERVER)

6. I have been using your optimization tips for a long time, they are great but for 1.15 it doesn't work :(

7. It said somewhere in the optimisation guide how to change the speed of chunks unloading I think.
    Also did you lower the view distance to 5-6?

8. Yes, I made almost identical settings as in the guide, even some more restrictive. (View distance = 4)

9. I wouldn’t go that low because ended pearls can glitch I heard

10. I entered the command / paper chunkinfo, and got this information:
    Is that ok? I changed the server settings just like in the guide

• Agree Agree x 1